Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Cincinnati Ohio / beware! charged $500 without notification!
I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise in Cincinnati Ohio. I was informed we were the second drivers of the car which was new.
The Man renting us the car took a quick walk around the car and there was no visible damage.
I drove the car back to where we were staying and we settled in. The following morning while driving the car, I noticed a crack developing at the bottom of the windshield. There were extreme temperatures at the time and the crack seemed to grow before my eyes. At no time did anything hit the windshield (stone, rock) so I was a little weirded out by the whole thing and called the rental office right away. The woman working there said it sounded like something hit the windshield. I explained it had not while I was driving. I took the car by the office and she looked at the crack and located a tiny pin-head sized nick near the base of the windshield where the crack started. This mark would never have been noticed during a pre-rental inspection.
She stated the manager would be in touch before the end of the day. He did not contact us, so we called back and the office was closed. The next day was a Saturday and we still received no call. When we called them, they had closed. Our turn in date was Sunday so we dropped the keys in the drop box and left 2 additional urgent messages on the office voicemail stating we needed a call back immediately regarding the issue. We received no calls back. By the time we dropped off the car, the crack had reached across the entire windshield. On Tuesday, we received a call from the claims department "regarding the damage done to the vehicle". When I returned the representative's call, He was not there and did not return my call. On the following Wednesday, I checked my bank account and saw they had charged us $500. I was told when I called the branch that we needed to speak to the claims representative (pass the buck). The rep has yet to return our calls. Enterprise admits there is no way to determine the damage was done while we had the car and their employee also said that if there was a minor nick to the glass, it would only take the severe temperatures outside and the heater on the inside of the car to create conditions for this to happen in. Yet, they still, without giving us the courtesy of even a returned call, charged us $500. Bottom line - Beware.
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Cincinnati Ohio Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - charges 
- Enterprise Holdings - Rental Car Service/ Management/ Damage Dispute!
- Enterprise Holdings - uncleaned car & left over baggage in trunk (no proper maintenance) _ complete refund requested
- Enterprise Holdings - enterprise rental car - bentonville airport arkansas
- Enterprise Holdings - rental vehicle
- Enterprise Rental Car - charged for all coverage, but still charged for basic coverage