Encore Marketing / Pro Flowers / Deceptive marketing

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I ordered flowers through Pro Flowers and at the end of the order form you could input your e-mail for a 30 day free trial for discount on services. I did so and when I didn't call back to cancel, they automatically billed my credit card for monthly charges of $14.95/month. I think that this is a very sneaky way for a company to make money and I will certainly think twice about using Pro Flowers again.

Be

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Jul, 2008

I ordered flowers through Pro Flowers and, they automatically billed my credit card for monthly charges of $14.95/month. I do not know why, asI did not sign up or anything.I think that this is an illegal way for a company to make money and I will not use Pro Flowers again.

18th of Aug, 2008

Same thing happened to me.

I bought some flowers at ProFlowers.com and I was charged $14.95 a month by a company named Encore Marketing International.

The flowers weren't even nice. They looked great on the website, but when they arrived we had to throw them away since they were already badly wilted.

I wonder if ProFlowers.com is even in the business of selling flowers or just in the business of screwing over their customers with this Encore Marketing International business.

• Lu
      26th of Sep, 2008

Be aware that ordering clothing from Blair results in the same scam. And the clothes are of very cheap quality, including their more expensive items.

• Le
      4th of Dec, 2008
    Encore Marketing / Pro Flowers - Deceptive marketing/ fraud use of ATM info
    Encore Marketing
    Pennsylvania
    encore-marketing.com

My husband used our ATM card to order flowers from Pro Flowers back in May. At the end of the confirmation, a message asked if he wanted to get info about discounts on air fare, theatre, etc. Nothing was mentioned about any monthly fee. He said yes. Well, it turns out we were enrolled in a monthly "club" and that we have been having deductions of $14.95 each month for "Super Savers club." My husband never would have answered yes if he was told we would be paying monthly fees. We have never received any info about special fares, etc., either. I was behind in balancing the checkbook so I didn't notice until now (Dec. 3). The charge listed a phone number of (800) 444-9800, which is the number for Encore Marketing, which apparetly is the mastermind behind this scheme. I called Enclore and they cancelled our "'membership." But meanwhile we've lost $14. 95 a month for several moths. In some months they deducted the charge twice in the same month. This company is not on the up-and-up.

• Up
      8th of Dec, 2008

A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that they're owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
    Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

---------

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer

Lanham, MD 20706
    USA

• In
      19th of Mar, 2009

called pro flowers as i got charged 14.95 just today..

gave me the number to the company under the umbrella of encore
    1-800-375-1837
    ill lend them a couple pieces of mind

also i listen to AM 740 and im sure they would LOVE to hear about this scam going on..

How much you want to bet that proflowers is making a nice profit everytime this happens?

-concerned and pissed

• Mi
      28th of Apr, 2009

I recently bought hydroxy face lift creams from hydroxy I thought. 2 weeks after using it I called and complained of a rash and that I wasnt interested in their product any longer. I was told by Rashay to try the product a different way, which only made things worse. Now I find out that 2 other co. have my debit card # saying I agreed to join their membership[American Lesure], [Easy

Please dont ever order hydroxy products, they give your credit card # to others American Lesure, Easy Saver charged me 33.00 plus I owe 60.00 in overdraft fees that they refuse to pay. Joe 4502 very unprofessional unsatisfied, Michele Secondine

• Ou
      26th of Jan, 2010

They got me too. I was reviewing my statement, and there were charges for $14.95 that appeared every month since march of 2009. it appeared as "EZsaver" apparently they use a negative form of marketing that you have to opt out in order to not be charged. This is clearly deceptive marketing. If you can't make money in business by being ethical, than you shouldn't be in business. This is a legal way of robbery. I want my money back, and I plan to pursue it 'till I do.
    Wanna hear the kicker? They bill every month, minus two or three days, so that they can bill you 14 times in one year. nice little trick. These people are con artists, not businessmen.