Empire Carpet / Advertising

1 Thousand Oaks, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-588-2300

I called made appointment, upon arrival, selected my choice of carpet, no price woould be given out, nor the pad, and I asked for the sale carpeting and was told only one carpet was on sale. TV was advertising 60% off. No mention of pad...had to pull teeth to get that...Estimate is given and the price is double that of which I had already received from two other competitors. I had the other estimates with me and the salesperson requested them, called into his office...MIRACLE they would meet the price coming down almost $4000. (the salesperson didn't believe me when I showed him my estimates, he was on the phoned without asking if I would change my mind, no I wouldn't) I was furious...first false advertising, that carpet was 60% off, second he would only tell me the price of each carpet when I picked it out and he worked up the measurement. They would meet the price...HOWEVER: who wants to work with a company that doesn't advertise and represent their company correctly, won't talk about padding and then you get a ton of pressure to change your mind when you ask the person to leave. I said No, it doesn't matter if you meet the price or not, how can their possibly be so much as double the price in difference, when the capreting from the competitors was of better quality. I asked him to leave...he was not happy and then waited for me outside---it was a rental and knew I had to leave. I feel this company is a SCAM. Upon leaving, he said the Company will call you to see if you're happy and I said...I'm requersting THEY DO NOT CALL. They did call and told me I'm the first unahppy customer...PLEASE! If you chose to get an estimate from this company BEWARE!!!

Su

Comments

• Do
      12th of Nov, 2008

We had a saleperson come out last night to give us an estimate. He would not tell us the price of the carpet or the pad. Said it was a package deal. He measured everything and then gave us a price. Said the price was only good right now. We had already gotten an estimate from Home Depot. The price Empire gave us was $1000 more. The carpet was of inferior quality to the one we had estimated at Home Depot. Now the pad, they only offer 1 and it is very thin and the quality is very poor. It was also very very difficult to get the Salesperson to show us the pad. Once we told him we had a budget and the price didn't come close he asked what our budget was and miraculously if we signed that minute he could match the price. I advised we were not interested and he got very upset. Wanted to know what it was that he was doing wrong. Said it isn't Empire that gives the free estimates it was him and he just wasted his time. I think he was expecting us at that point to pay him something. He continued to hang around like he was some long lost friend until he finally got the hint we weren't budging. This was a very bad experience and I would not recommend this company to anyone. The Salesperson also kept saying how he isn't paid enough and how many hours he works. He kept going on and on about how bad his boss was and then presented us a "free gift".
    The "free gift" was a bobble head doll of the owner. What kind of company is this?