Empire Carpet / No-show twice

1 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

Hire anybody else but Empire Carpet! The Empire Carpet rep pulled a no-show one Saturday. I'd blocked out the three-hour window, and called 20 minutes after the window closed. The customer service person placed me on hold for five minutes, then I was disconnected. I called back. This time the customer service person placed a call to both the sales rep and his manager. Neither picked up. After making an appointment with a competitor, I called back Empire to officially complain about that sales rep, and asked to speak to the manager. The manager would not get on the phone. Luckily the customer service operator was able to take the complaint and also told me that I'd get a $50 credit towards purchase. We rescheduled an appointment for the estimate. Guess what? Another no-show.

Mi

Comments

• Re
      23rd of May, 2008

Thank you for brining your concerns to the attention of Empire Today. Empire Today is dedicated to providing world-class customer service to every customer. Unfortunately, we are unable to reference your account with only your first name as provided on this website. We would like to work with you to resolve your concerns. Please contact us at CustomerSupport@empiretoday.com for further assistance.

• Ev
      5th of Aug, 2008

I am usually one to search the internet for complaints b/f dealing w/a company, but for some reason w/Empire I did not. I live in Brooklyn, NY. I made an appmt. w/Empire via telephone back in July for an estimate. I waited around that day for the rep who ended up calling me way after the window he was scheduled to arrive to tell me that he had been in a car accident. Okay; no problem. I decided to reschedule. This time I went to their website and set up the appointments. One was for a shower stall covering and the other was for carpeting. The carpet person was supposed to arrive between 9 and 11am, and the shower person was to arrive between 1 and 3pm. By 12:pm, no one had called or shown up, so I called the company. The rep stated that they were sorry, they should have let me know, but that they were sending one person who would do both the carpet and shower estimate. He then put me on hold and contacted the rep. He got back to me and said that the rep stated that he knew about me and that he would be at my home by 3pm. Well 3 o'clock came and went, and of course there was no courtesy call made to me. By 3:45, I just called Empire and told them to forget about the whole thing. So both myself, and my tenant wasted an entire day sitting around waiting for these jerks. But after reading some of the other horror stories on here, I guess I should count myself lucky they never showed up. I could have ended up w/overpriced cheap quality carpet.