Emirates Airlines / lost baggage/stolen items
We traveled on 15, August 2008 to 17 August 2008 from Denver to New York to Dubai and on to Dar Es Salaam. Somewhere between New York and Dubai our luggage went missing. We were in a group of ten and only one person got their bag on arrival in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. Each day someone would get a bag and we traveled on to Kiliminjaro airport. Every where we went other people would tell us that Emirates always loses a bag and we would be lucky if all of our items arrived. Each airport passed the blame of what had happened to our bags back to another airport as though no one was to blame and yet always telling us that the bags were just delayed. After not having our bags in Africa until a week had passed the last 5 bags showed up and sure enough we had our shoes stolen, pants, converters and other items. The total is well over $1000 US. They took our complaint in Kiliminjaro(very nice helpful people) and then a list of items stolen after we complained on our return Aug. 31. We have heard not one thing from this company. I recommend you think twice before flying this airline as they are uncommunicative and have proven untrustworthy.
More Emirates Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- [Resolved] Emirates Airlines - bad service and food made me sick.
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - broken seat in business class
- Emirates Airline - refund of air ticket money
- Emirates Airlines - missing baggage
- Emirates Airlines - baggage damaged