Emirates Airlines / lost baggage/stolen items

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

We traveled on 15, August 2008 to 17 August 2008 from Denver to New York to Dubai and on to Dar Es Salaam. Somewhere between New York and Dubai our luggage went missing. We were in a group of ten and only one person got their bag on arrival in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. Each day someone would get a bag and we traveled on to Kiliminjaro airport. Every where we went other people would tell us that Emirates always loses a bag and we would be lucky if all of our items arrived. Each airport passed the blame of what had happened to our bags back to another airport as though no one was to blame and yet always telling us that the bags were just delayed. After not having our bags in Africa until a week had passed the last 5 bags showed up and sure enough we had our shoes stolen, pants, converters and other items. The total is well over $1000 US. They took our complaint in Kiliminjaro(very nice helpful people) and then a list of items stolen after we complained on our return Aug. 31. We have heard not one thing from this company. I recommend you think twice before flying this airline as they are uncommunicative and have proven untrustworthy.

Comments

14th of Oct, 2008

Sir,

I traveled from Manila Philippines on Sept. 7th 2008 to Dubai and transferred to Jupiter Airlines to Baghdad Iraq the morning of the 8th Sept. 2008. I used your Marahaba luggage transfer services with great trust only to find out that I paid 80 USD to lose my luggage. Here it is 14th of Oct and I still haven't gotten my luggage and don't think I ever will. I had in my bags a digital movie camera, all my clothes, medicines and gifts for all my friends.

I'd like to make a formal complaint that you either find my bags and get them to me or I be reimbursed for all my items that total a little over $2000 USD. I would much rather have the bags because there's items in them that simply can't be replaced.

I hear allot of the same stories about your airlines losing luggage and simply don't do anything to find them, but I'm going to see if you ignore my email or I'm going to take it a level higher? One way or the other I expect to hear something back from you.

Regards,