eHarmony / be careful giving eharmony as a gift!

Be careful giving eharmony as a gift! Eharmony will screw you later by continuing to charge you…the gift-giver! It happened to us…. We called them to resolve it – explaining to them that it is illegal to charge our card on a continuing basis without our approval. They have every right to contact the account holder – and attempt to make arrangements for a continuing subscription – but it is purely illegal to allow the gift recipient to authorize our card to continue to be charged. And you know what they said? “we have to have the gift recipient’s approval to not charge your card” what??? It is not the gift recipients card! This is criminal, scammy, and illegal. Thankfully our gift recipient called “for us” to “authorize” the discontinuation of charges on our card! Be careful – these people are scammy!

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Jul, 2009

I'm in the same boat as I supposedly paid for a friend's subscription. I was appalled when they kept billing me even after he terminated his account! As a result, I lost all faith in eharmony and think of it as nothing more than a scam! Believe it or not, when I covered my friend for that month, he really didn't meet anybody worthwhile anyway--talk about not getting your money's worth!!
    I used this system, but I can't say I had any luck with it. I was in a scam rather than a relationship!
    I sent an email to their customer service department stating what was up, and they told me they needed to hear from my friend before they could proceed any further. Even he was appalled at their customer service or lack thereof. After such mistreatment, I no longer recommend their service, since it's not if they take advantage of you...It's WHEN they take advantage of you!!

P.S. Did you get a refund from them or did they simply end the unnecessary billing cycle?