eFax / Dodgy rates and billing practices
My office sent a fax through eFax to Brunei and we were surprised to find out that we were got billed for USD 54 for an 8 page fax to Brunei. I know that if a fax goes beyond one minute to send, then they start billing you for .10 US cents a minute to Brunei only. So if it took 3, 240 seconds to transmit my fax, it should just come around to 5.40US dollrs. I called them 3 times for this. The first time, the "level 1" customer service person assured me that it would be corrected. But after a week I discovered that our company card was still billed USD 54.
After I called two more times, I was finally sent to "level 2" customer service. There they explained that I had sent a fax to a "dubai mobile- premium" number which is charged at 1 US dollar a minute. I asked them what is their definition of a "premium number" since I know that the office I sent to in Brunei was just a normal fax number -- and they said that "Oh we don't really know, because it depends on the local carriers. They are the ones who tell us if it is a premium number or not and we can't check ourselves..."
If you check their site right now, there is no immediate link to a site that will the rates per country. I had to trick a customer service rep to give me the link which is actually: https://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/getRatesPopup?hidePricingInfo=yes
More eFax Complaints & Reviews
- J2 Efax Plus Services - J2 EFAX PLUS SERVICES 
- J2 Efax - Be careful of EFAX: SCAM, Credit card fraud artists 
- J2 Efax Plus Service 323-817-3205 - continued monthly billing on my credit card
- eFax - Bad service 
- J2 Efax Plus Service - Fax service 
- J2 Efax Plus Services - billing my credit card when unauthorized
- Efax / j2efax - billing
- eFax - efax
- J2 Efax - I would like to cancel my efax service. I do not use this.
- eFax - Impossible to cancel