eDreams / non refundable flight because of misspelled passenger first name

1 Italy

I am very disappointed by eDreams service. I have bought a ticket from Rome to Bangkok online and straightaway I have realized I made a typo mistake when digitizing my mum's name. As it was 22.30 in the evening, I could not contact the customer service until the next day because they close at 20.00. When I contacted them, I was really shocked to hear I could not modify the name of the passenger travelling. So they told me I could have traveled at the risk of being denied boarding or I had to cancel the flight without any reimbursement.
This is really ridiculous because if I had bought the ticket directly with Etihad Airlines I could have changed the passenger's details within 24 hrs. Furthermore, I do understand I made a mistake when typing, but I didn't imagine this was so bad as a capital punishment. I will never use Edreams again in my life. It is useless to use Edreams anyway because you don't get the same services you have with the original airlines plus you don't really save any money at all.

Su