eDreams / dishonesty, bad attitude

M Felner
I was ordering an online flight by this company- Edreams
After I gave them online my credit card No including the 3 digits, I got an answer that I have to transfer
them money too
I called them and the guy told me that without any reson my Visa card was not accepted
I find it impossible to send them money after they misslead me by asking my credit card deatails, and then
without any reson ask for money transfer as well.
It smells very bad
I sent them a mail asking them to confirm a cancelatio of the deal
Now i have to call my credit card company and let them know not to accept this payment if they will try to
have it
But above all the idea that I gave my credit card deatails to this people is somthing that makes me to fell bad

Micha Felner

N  8th of May, 2009 by
Hello Micha,

My name is Nico Bour and I am the New Media Marketing Manager at eDreams.
First of all, I want to apologize about all of this. I am sure that our costumer service has tried to help you and that's the reason why our call center has asked you to make a bank transfer due to the problem with your credit card.

Regarding your worries that eDreams has your credit card details, I would like to assure you that you don't have to worry about this. We never keep the credit card details and these are only used for the payment.
Over 10 million of clients already trust in eDreams for their travel reservations. At eDreams, we use the latest data encryption techniques to ensure that your purchases will be absolutely secure. All transactions are performed using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) data encryption system. This system codifies all data so that it is impossible for it to be deciphered by third parties, guaranteeing the highest level of security and confidentiality for your Internet transactions.

That's one of the main reasons to be the leading European online travel company with 10 years of experience serving millions of customers. We take pride in our huge offering of travel products and efficient customer service. Our call center agents are readily available to help all clients with their queries, via phone or email. As I said before, eDreams has nearly 10 million customers who trust in our service, and should you require a flight or hotel booking, I invite you to try us again in the future and become one of them. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards.
Nico Bour
email: nico@edreams.com
D  24th of May, 2009 by
I made two reservation 23 of may. Got the same problem as the guy above. Payed with my credit card and are asked to trasfer money. I'm very suspicious about this..
N  25th of May, 2009 by
Dear Mr. T,

Regarding your comment, I would like to inform you that we asked you to make the payment through wire transfer as a security mesure in order to protect customers from frauds.
eDreams has the right, as specified by the Law, to ask to the customer a safe form of payment according to the amount of the payment.

I apologize any inconvenience it may cause. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Nico Bour
N  5th of Jul, 2009 by
Oh really ? And in the meantime the credit card is billed like in my case, and I m not even able to make a bank transfer anymore as I dont have funds to pay twice...
Then whu do you accept credit cards, and bill them and why dont you then block the option to pay by creditcard or at least put it somewhere so that we can see that above 1000 euros you cant book by creditcard ?
Also if you make a banktransfer, the time it takes for you to receive it the price of the tickets can and will go up and we ll just have to pay WHILE we already were billed on the creditcard.
People save long times to go on vacation and edreams just ruins everything.
In my case if I dont get tickets or money back when your accounts dpt is open I can forget about going to see my parents for christmas to show them our newborn daughter.
Thanks for that
A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
i am facing the same problem...
made the booking on 19th, when i am to fly on 24th...now they say that i should wait 6 days for the payment to be processed...
i have sent a cancellation request...
i hope they do not charge my credit card with this amount...
can the others who cancelled tell me if their money was returned?
Saurav Palit
A  11th of Nov, 2009 by
I have even more interesting story for this company which is using "the latest data encryption techniques to ensure that your purchases will be absolutely secure".

I was in the process of switching to another bank as was offered a better package. Got regular visa card with them. Moved some of my funds onto it.

The card was brand new I did not even use it in any physical shop in Denmark. Found some good deal on edreams and recomended by friends advice purchased the ticket. Copenhagen-NY. It went through all right, no requests for additional info, or pass check etc.

Card was put aside for some time and this very single time used on edreams.com. It was laying home basically.

Few weeks after I get debit on my statement, one for edreams flight purchase the exact amount of booking and one more for amount similar to edreams purchase with difference of few euros.

The company charging me strangely enough is also originating from Spain and i get the bill for some hostel payment in Barcelona.

I dont know how to explain this, since my visa is brand new, I didnt go to barcelona and it was laying at home in Copenhagen all the time, so i didnt even use outside, so somebody can misuse it. The only purchase was done though internet and on edreams.com

Luckily enough My bank covered the amount for me and it was obvious credit card misuse, but i am very doubtfull about edreams so called the latest data encryption techniques to ensure that your purchases will be absolutely secure.
N  19th of Apr, 2011 by
I faced the same problem.
They doubted my payment-(yes, payment pending-tickets only reserved, not paid!)- (and I swear I have been using this exact same card for online shopping for so many years now & this is the very FIRST occurrence) and asked me to send them a scan copy of my card (FRONT & BACK!) and a scan copy of my passport. I immediately dropped the purchase & just go directly to Swiss Airline! I don't want to RISK my money!

To make matter worse, I have just spend £15 calling this stupid-money-sucking so-called HELPLINE: 0911 699 2020. Called them. they make me wait- till i hung up! time spent: 10minutes, money spent: £15 and answer/remedy gotten: NONE. I basically called, then a lady picked up. She said she needs to ask her supervisor-then took forever. I saw the minutes counting up. So I hung up, thinking if she needs so much time, I will call back later. After another 2 minutes, I called. NO ONE answer my call- I think they are trying to penalise me cos I hung up- now they make me wait- trying to suck the money which they were intending to suck from you in your last call. so no one picked up the call. I waited for 3 minutes (cost: £4.50). Then thinking they may recognise my number, I use my landline to call again. Still, NO ONE answered, waited 3 minutes (cost:£4.50). Very easily, my call has totaled up to £15!!!
Lesson learned: JUST BUY DIRECTLY from the airline. Save you time, hassle & saving your day/evening (i felt like being treated in a dodgy way, my mood for the evening is spoiled completely!).

A  19th of Apr, 2011 by

if like what u said eDREAMS is 'the leading European online travel company'- Why do you still get so many negative reviews from your ex-custoemrs here???
Do you define LEADING in a different context???

I am deeply disappointed by your company & its DODGY phone line which charges 153p/minute.
your staff at your call centre clearly takes their own sweet time to get back to our call.
How does it sound like if I suggest to put the call charge on them for however long they take to get back to our call?? Do you know how much it can easily cost us for a 10minutes call? And do you know that your staff definitely make us wait for more than 10 minutes? How about letting them bear the cost so that it encourages them to work more efficiently??
Even if we don't work for travel agent like this, it does not mean we are STUPID and can't tell what's really the motive behind the long wait. Obviously your company knows the helpline is an expensive one to call, why not being considerate to set a target to your staff to get the answer back to us within 10 minutes? or to be even more considerate, call us back when they have sorted out the 'seemingly complicated answer'?? I am sure the charges to our call is just 1/10 of what you are charging us!

it's hard not to make us think you're trying to squeeze the money out from us when the call charge is so rediculously expensive & your staff make us hold the line for so so so long!!

If you get what I mean, NICO BOUR.
N  2nd of Jan, 2016 by
avoid this company at all cost.charged me 90 euros more than advertised do not use them . absolute scammers. roy w
N  22nd of Jul, 2016 by
I made a booking with e-dreams from Cairo to Athens and from Athens to Milano. They did not inform me about the change in summertime in Athens which made me miss my flights. Their call center were extremely unhelpful and they hung up on me trice and would not call back. How can I contact them via e mail and make a complaint

eDreams Logo eDreams