[Resolved] eDreams

Posted:

fraudulent claims and withholding of money

4.9
Spain
edreams.com
We have also experienced awful service from eDreams. 2 days ago, I tried to book a flight for my mother who was intending to travel from Budapest to Malaga. After checking the various options and availabilities on eDreams' site, I went ahead and booked the flight and eDreams deducted money from my account.

Within one hour, I received an email from eDreams saying there was a problem with their system and that they could not grant the ticket. I immediately contacted them and was told that they would not be able to refund my money for several days (no specific date), leaving me in a massive dilemma, as I did not now have the funds to book an alternative flight with another company.

After countless phone calls and emails, they still refused to offer an immediate refund or an actual flight on the time we had specified. All the while, they continued to advertise the same exact flight, enticing other people to pay for a ticket to something eDreams know damned well they cannot fulfil.

It is pretty clear that eDreams deliberately scam people into booking flights that they cannot deliver, take their money, hold that money for an undetermined amount of time and cause distress to people who simply want to book a flight!

I have spent the best part of the whole day today, speaking with countless people at eDreams, each of which has told me a different story; one said it would take 1-2 days for a refund, one said it would take up to 5 days and another said it would take between 5-10 days! I’ve checked online for experiences of other eDreams customers who have said it took up to 30 days before they received a refund! If you consider how many times this must be happening, it soon becomes evident how much money eDreams must have sat in their accounts, earning interest at our expense.

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to avoid eDreams and any other comparison site operating in this manner, like the plague!!

Resolution statement

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Dec 01, 2011
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconveniences, would you please send us an email to: edreams.onrep.en@edreams.com, our representatives will help you immediately

On our Web page you will find our phone numer: 1900 9451999 and customer service email: customerservice-us@edreams.com

We look forward to receive your email so we can better assist you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 30, 2014
Dear customer,

Did you have any incident with an eDreams booking we could help you with?

We'll be pleased to help you out if you let us know your case. Please, we kindly ask you to fill the following form and we'll contact you shortly:

www.edreams.com/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2014
Dear all,

@Notfair: we are very sorry to hear that you have experienced such difficulties to get in contact with us and get your case resolved. Could you please let us know your booking reference in order to check what has occured and how we can help you?

@Boris-Jerusalem: should you have not received your refund yet, please provide us with your booking reference and email and we will look into your case carefully.

This is the contact form to send your booking references and email address:

www.edreams.es/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

@Abbymilam: I have already found your case and I have passed it on to one of our agents, who will contact you shortly.

Our apologies to you all regarding all the inconveniences that we may have caused you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Nov 21, 2014
Dear Abbymilam,

As our agent Natasja has informed you via private email, we have already requested a refund but has not been aproved yet by the airline. We'd like to inform you that, as per our records, there is no cancellation insurance included on your booking.

Should you have further inquiries regarding this issue, do not hesitate to contact our agent Natasja.

Best regards,
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Dec 02, 2014
Dear Abbymilam,

We'd like to inform you that we processed your refund yesterday. Please, note that it might take several days to receive this transfer in your bank account.

Our apologies once again for all the inconveniences regarding this issue. Should you need assistance on this or other case, feel free to contact our agent Natasja via email.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 21, 2015
Dear Amit Gupta 15,

I have just read your message and I have already passed your case on to one of our agents, so we treat your case in priority.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jan 29, 2015
Dear customer,

Could you please provide us with the booking references so we can check your case in detail?

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Feb 18, 2015
Dear Angry customer!111,

Could you please let us know your booking reference and email address by replying to the private message we have just sent you?

With this information, I'll be able to retrieve your case and contact you shortly regarding your refund.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 09, 2015
Dear PHAM THANH MINH,

Could you please let us know your booking reference so we can find your case and contact you?

eDreams Customer Care's Response, May 21, 2015
Dear marktraveller,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our advanced apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your case and update on a refund status.

We kindly remind you that you can file a complaint by filling a claim form available on our official web site. Please make a click on the below link to find out how:

Warm regards,

eDreams - Customer Care team
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 01, 2015
Dear Sam4sit

We would be happy to assist.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your particular case.

Nicole
eDreams - Customer Care team.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 07, 2015
Dear ar.richa,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

As we could verify, one of our agents had treated your complaint and after checking the ticket issued by eDreams with the airline was advised that that was, which you flown thus, a refund has to be requested for another ticket you have arranged through the alternative channel.

In any case, we have transferred your comments to the agent in charge of your case in order to review your complaint.

We hope the matter would be solved quickly and favorably.

Nicole
eDreams - Customer Care team.
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 21, 2015
Dear Jasmine,

I'm very sorry to inform you that there was a small mistake on the e-mail address registered at time of booking, which was impeding you to receive any communication of ours.

As we could verify, a refund had been already processed by the airline. We have transferred your comments to our agents and hope you would receive a refund within this week.

eDreams - Customer Care team
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 25, 2015
Dear Genna Mumford

On behalf of eDreams we thank you for your comments and for the chance to remind to all eDreams users, that in certain cases, a booking confirmation may take up to 24h. Furthermore, the second communication “confirmation e-mail” would not contain a paper ticket, but a direct link, which would appear highlighted in a blue colour following the booking reference.
We were happy to learn that one of our agents has treated your particular case and provided the e-ticket for the correctly confirmed flight reservation.

We wish you a magic journey to US ;)

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Sep 08, 2015
Dear Nexhmie, Sudipta,

Thank you for providing your booking references, we have transferred your comments to one of our agents in order to look into your cases with care.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2015
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting eDreams once again.

Your booking attempts could not be confirmed, unfortunately.

No charge was made with this regards.

Please note that sometime, the financial institutions temporarily block the amount of available credit until the final charge is made, and later reverse the temporary charge. The client may temporarily see such duplicate charges, but one of them will automatically be reversed by the financial institution.
Amounts withheld in this manner will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.
Remember that such amounts are withheld by all travel agencies, and that these are not isolated incidents in Spain, as they are caused by the operations between financial institutions, the companies issuing debit and credit cards, and IATA. Travel agencies give the order to issue the ticket, but the payment collection processes are handled by the parties mentioned above.

We remain at your disposal for any further questions.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Oct 29, 2015
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your responses.

After having double checked, we hereby confirm that the payment did not went through and that the charge you may see, will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 04, 2016
Dear Reviewer68419,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to inform you that as stated in our Terms and Conditions, your ability to cancel or modify a booked product depends exclusively on the airline's fare conditions. In this case, we would like to check the fare you have booked in order to advise you if cancellation within 24 hs was permitted or not.

In order to do that, we have sent you a private message requesting you your booking details in order to assist you further.

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Mar 04, 2016
Dear Reviewer17973,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to explain you how eDreams prices work.

From the first moment you start a purchase in our website, the price displayed is the final price, which does not include additional services/products that may be optionally added by the client during the purchase process.

For the benefit of our clients, the price displayed in the first step of the purchase process is the cheapest fare in our website, which offers a discount provided that payment is made with a special discount card. However, in the same step, we advise our clients that other method payments will be found in the "Payment Method" box. This will show the new prices in accordance to your preferred payment card.

When you reach the payment stage, if you enter a card different to the special card indicated, then the price will change to the new price for the service charge, plus any credit card fees. This is still before you commit to 'Buy It Now'.

Besides, we inform you that baggage fees depends on the prices offered by airlines and in any case, if the trip selected does not include free baggage, the baggage price is displayed so you may decide whether you include it or not.

We hope to have you informed accordingly and if you have made a booking with us and you have any further doubt regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us back by replying our private message.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, May 31, 2016
Dear Lizzymcmahon,

Thanks for posting your review in Complaints Board.

We have checked your booking and we have found that one of our agents is assisting you via Facebook.

Please contact her directly if you need further assistance.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Dear customer,

We are sorry if your recent experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

We would be happy to look into your case. For that purpose, please respond a private message we have sent you.

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2016
Dear Criscris

Unfortunately, due to some web issues, we were not able to sent the message.

Please feel free to contact us making a click on our logo and then "sent the message".

eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jun 13, 2016
Dear pringlrr,

We are sorry to read about your experience and we regret any inconvenience caused.

In order to check your case, can you please provide us your booking code?

We hope to be hearing from you soon.

Lucy
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Jul 20, 2016
Dear MaxDase,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this issue to our attention.

In order to check your case accordingly, we kindly ask you to provide us your booking code.

We hope to hearing from you soon.

Lucy
eDreams Customer Care's Response, Sep 08, 2016
Dear Fabien,

We are sorry to hear that your seats have been booked twice however, we may assure you, that the booking is created per the customer directly when filling out the on-line form and entering the details into the reservation system. Had not you filled the form for the second time, the issue may lie with a double charge.

Kindly respond a private message we have sent you in order to look into your case further.

Best regards,
Nicole - eDreams
Complaint comments Comments (104) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  3rd of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your reply I have since received emails from edreams explaining the charges.

However I do feel the company should warn people about the double charge before booking or perhaps outline the reasons behind it as naturally the public will be suspicious of a company that has hidden charges and is difficult to contact

It will be between one or two weeks before the money is returned and that's not good enough. I'm hoping the money will indeed be returned within the time stated as it's unnecessary stress before christmas and would make me think again before booking with edreams.

Yours sincerely

Pamela Angley.
A  8th of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I have to agree with all of the above complaints. I have foolishly tried to book a flight home for christmas through edreams and had my internet timeout during processing without any confirmation or email.

I have tried to email edreams customer service, but immediately the mail bounced back from the inactive email address. I am now waiting for their phone lines to open to ensure no payment has been processed multiple times.

I also urge anybody and everybody to stay away from this outfit. A sketchy website and booking procedure, invalid contact information, and a handful of sales reps frequenting complaints boards to try and ease the bad press.

Stay away at all costs
N  9th of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Hello @enightmares:

My apologizes for the different problems you had. In order to check the status of your purchase, could you send me to "contact@edreams.com" the email you used to try the booking on eDreams? We will contact you with further info about it.

I would also appreciate if you can provide me with the eDreams email adress that gives you the inactive error to try to find the mistake and solve it.

Thanks
N  22nd of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
thank goodness i did a check on this dodgy outfit before pressing buy! their slick website has a reliable type feel but the alarm bells rang when asked to input passport details to register - what a hideous bunch of crooks - i feel so sorry for all the good people who have been sucked into this appalling scam. nico and any employess reading this ! how can u look in the mirror in the morning? you sad sad people
A  30th of Dec, 2009 by    -1 Votes
In some ways its great to know I'm not alone. I used edreams recently to book a flight from Dublin to Copenhagen on SAS airlines. Got my email confirmation from edreams, turned up to the airport, checked in but when I got to the gate the lady said I needed a coupon from edreams and that the ticket was invalid.

SAS told me edreams had not completed the process correctly. The up shot of it was that SAS would not let me get on the plane. I was totally gutted. SAS said I could buy a ticket from them at the gate but the price was so much more by that time. I couldnt afford it so called off my holiday. I work hard and dont have much money. I'm a grown man but I started crying in front of the SAS staff. Embarrassing.
N  20th of Jan, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Hi guys,

As seen previously I too had complaints about edreams I had booked a holiday and there was double charging involved. I emailed my queries to edreams and rang them during office hours, I have to say the staff were polite and did put my mind at ease, the money was refunded within days.

Upon reading the complaints here I had added worries that there were even flights booked on my behalf. I just returned from my holiday on Monday and everything went smoothly I was very pleased with the service I received from edreams.

Perhaps I have been lucky or perhaps our complaints on here are having an impact on edreams' customer service?
Either way I do sympathise with anyone who feels scammed and I hope your complaints are dealt with to your satisfaction.

I'd like to stress I have no affliation with edreams and you can see on this forum I had a genuine complaint previously.

Best wishes

Pamela
A  20th of Jan, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I was also taken for a ride by eDreams. I bought a return flight through eDreams to Amsterdam from London, and when I got the reservation email from Easyjet the times are all 1 hour earlier. They do not give refunds through the customer service phone number, you have to start a complaint through their web-site. I got a reply from them saying they would give me a refund, and a few days later, some money came through, but it was around £45 short. When I queried this I got a very short reply - "We do not refund eDreams fee back." This is clearly illegal, but what can I do from the UK dealing with a company in Spain?
N  22nd of Mar, 2010 by    -1 Votes
i just had to cancel my credit card so i do not fall in this scam, i purchased ticket for my wife from Vienna to Brisbane and one hour after i did not receive anything, so i come across this forum and on my luck money has not been taken yet from my credit card so i had to call bank and cancel my credit card before thy take any money.
A  17th of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Don't book with e-dreams! I booked a flight for two persons from London to Frankfurt, Germany and gave them the full details of my visa card. By mail they told me there was sth. wrong with my credit card and asked me to fax a copy of my credit car which I didn't do. Instead I asked for their bank account and transferred the 240 Euros directly from my bank . As soon as they had got the money, they wrote an e-mail telling me the flight had got more expensive. They asked me if I still wanted the flight, but of course, I didn't . All I wanted was to get my money back.
From that moment on they didn't answer my mails any ore and the Spanish telephone numer which was indicated on their former mails just led to an answering machine.
I'll contact their bank now to get the money back and otherwise will report the case to the police and try to lawsuit against them.
17/06/2010
N  19th of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
The same, dear friends! I booked a flight for not 1, not 2 for 9 person -some teachers and students from Sofia to Warsaw. Immidiately after booking they told me that there is something wrong with my reservation because of my card and asked me to wait for additinal information. In the next day I received another email-they asked me to send them a fax copy of my card, ID card and the names of passengers. I/foolish!/sent them the information and as I was doubted went to the ATM and understood that this was a fraud - I lost 137 eurs. After some emails I received an email that they could not confirm my reservation because my card didn't accept any activities and charges. So, I went to my bank and blocked the card. Now I haven't got any answer, any tickets, and 137 eurs less than before. This money is not mine. The are on our international project.They are for students.I told my bank that this is a fraud and filled some documents but...This is a shame!
A  5th of Aug, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I booked a flight for my mother in law from Amsterdam to London return through eDreams and received confirmation of the cost on email. eDreams then proceed to use my credit card details to book the outbound flight with BA and the return with Easyjet, followed by an admin fee. The problem was that eDreams booked the wrong Esyjet flight at a much higher rate. They then rectified this by booking the correct Easyjet flight but without reimburising the much higher booking. This has in effect left me out of pocket by almost double the cost that they confirmed.

Despite many calls to their contact centre (approximately 6 lengthy calls), a number of emails with evidence of their error (booking references, bank screen shots, etc) and promises of action, I am still out of pocket a month on from the original booking.

I have almost given up as i am no longer receiving any communication from eDreams despite having 3 individuals names who promised to resolve this problem.

This is a warning to all out there that what may appear to be a reputable company offering a good deal may not be all that it appears to be.

If anyone has any ideas as well, they would be greatly appreciated
A  8th of Aug, 2010 by    -1 Votes
E dreams are fraudulent. They advertised in Euro on their U.K. website and then charged me in GBP, as soon as the reservation hit my inbox. They then tried to infer that it was my mistake. I took a snapshot of the website, where you could only change the Euro sign into a GBP sign if you want to check prices individually. I sent them the pic, they still said it is not possible, but promptly changed the website. I did report them to the aviation and advertising authorities in both Spain and Brittain.

Still awaiting a refund more than 30 days later. They need to be sued and to get out of the travel business - too many complaints in such a short time.
N  9th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hey edreams why you cheating your valued costumers. Look out the negative comments. You can earn much more money for a lifetime if you provide a good services to costumers. It seems like you are really fraud.
A  23rd of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am having similar problems with this company. Having booked a flight with them from London to Barcelona for June 2010, I received an email in May 2010 informing me that this flight had been cancelled by the airline.
I was assured that I would receive a refund within 4-6 weeks (despite EU law stating that a cancelled flight should be fully refunded within 7 days).
As I'm sure you can guess, 5 months later and I am still waiting for this refund. I am taking my complaint to the AUC and IATA in the hope that this company will be stopped from operating.

They should be ashamed of themselves.
Sarah
N  20th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I couldn't agree more about this. Just recently booked my flight without looking at the warnings and Im stuck in the same dilemma. Ive called 10 times only to be hung up on and have my trip planned for Europe in the next 2 weeks. They took the money from my bank and said they needed more proof, are you kidding me? I have yet to hear back from anyone and they still have my money. There is something wrong with this. I have been waiting for an answer only to be let down.
So what do I do next now that all the prices are going up? Ive already paid for my flight and have only recieved confirmation no flight numbers or anything. This is a scary situation in which someone really needs to be notified of this companies false advertising and outrageous marketing campaign. I would tell anyone to try and avoid edreams at all costs...
A  13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Why didn't I read this page before! The exact same story happened to me. I want to book the flight, receive an email that something went wrong with the tranfer of money. Once they received the money, I get an email by "Alejandro Ruiz" saying the price of the flight has almost doubled!!! I am so annoyed and don't really know what to do!! Which european agency should I contact about this?
A  4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I tried to reserve a flight from this site. First I used paypal just to get told that the payment failed and I have to scan my credit card, both sides and send it to them, which I refused to do. I tried to make a new reservation, this time it worked. Few days later I get told that the price of the flight has doubled and I have to pay more to get the flight. I definedly won't pay them any more and I want my money back ASAP.

I will never, ever use this site again, and I hope you don't do the same mistake either.
N  18th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
18/3/2011
EDREAMS IS A SCAM!! DO NOT USE EDREAMS. Booked a flight from London to Nice, received an email saying I will receive another confirming the flight in less than 24hrs. 24 hrs later I call the very expensive customer service line where a spanish girl answers and keeps repeatedely putting me on hold then coming back to say I can't find your booking (she hasn't even asked my name!!!), then suddenly she 'finds' it and says it hasn't gone through and I haven't been charged. I say goooood. I check my credit card and I have been charged 12.59 by edreams: the booking fee!!! The bastards took a booking fee without there having ever been made a booking by them. MAJOR SCAM AVOID EDREAMS
A  19th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have a feeling, my card will be charged an amount of the so-called booking fee or service charge even when now I have chosen to drop my purchase when they requested the front & back scan copy of my debit card & the scan copy of my passport! Too DODGY!
A  2nd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
oh so agree we booked flights from dublin to london, after a few days i just clicked on my reservation to check the times and they had all changed it even said one of the flights where cancelled they never emailed us to tell us of the change and when i rang to get a refund they said no and they claim they can understand you ...SCAM SCAM SCAM ..never book with edream

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree