Edgars Fashion / Edcon

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 by

account misninformation

Johannesburg, South Africa
Every month I come through to find out what amount is due for payment on my account, as I don’t receive statements via email. I have overpaid several times and on many previous occasions, there was no instalment due. This account has been in operation for over 12 years and has always been up to date (history can be checked).

Last month (end May) when I came in to enquire about instalment, I was yet again informed that there was no instalment due, hence did not make payment.

However from 2 weeks back, my dad (who I am a joint account holder with) has been getting calls for an amount of about R1900 to be paid as it is overdue. This came as a shock as to my knowledge, no instalment was due.

I subsequently came into the Rosebank store and spoke to the store manager (Ambrosius) about this matter and he was to follow up. We had also checked the account on the system and there was an amount of R91 interest on the system for overdue account. I made it very clear that I want this amount reversed ASAP as it is not my fault that I was told that no amount was due last month. And as I do not receive statements, the only option I have is to come in and ask.

However subsequently I was told by a lady Thembi, that Ambrosius is on an indefinite leave and could not get hold of him.

Evern since Thembi has been dealing with this situation with a very poor level of service and I have had to repeat myself so many times to her, that it is sickening!

This situation is going on too long now, and someone needs to take accountability and reverse this interest immediately! I will not be paying for something when it is not my fault that this amount was charged.

This must be sorted out before I come in to make my June payment.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Business & Finances

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree