eCost.com / No refund!

1 500 N. CentralPlano, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-888-2678

I Purchased 0n Feb.1,2008 a Brand new Soyo 42” LCD HD TV. From Ecost.com. I received it on Feb. 5th. And it didn't work from the moment we plugged it in. Called to exchange and to obtain a return authorization number. They told me they wouldn't take it back and to call the manufacturer SOYO direct for a repair or replacement I told them I did not want a repair or replacement but my money back after all I did buy it from them brand new.

They told me their return policy states. Ecost.com Return Policy for TV’s 42” or greater if defective you must contact manufacture. For replacement or repair Ecost.com does not accept return merchandise for exchange or repairs. No refunds or credit will be granted after purchase from Ecost.com. The manufactures warranty applies. Please contact the manufacturer directly.

One Feb.5th I did call SOYO tech support after they had stepped me thru a bunch of checks they decided there was nothing else they could do. And if I wanted my money back I would have to contact Ecost.com

SOYO told me that they would not refund me any money because I bought the TV from Ecost.com but would repair the TV so I told them that I did not want it repaired as it never worked right out of the box. And they said if I wanted money back I would have to contact Ecost.com. Well again I called Ecost.com and told them the story again only this time to someone else at Ecost.com by the name of (Kathy)she told me the same thing, call SOYO for a refund I told her that they said that I had to contact Ecost.com. With that she put me on hold and said a supervisor would call me back. I waited another day when finally a Mr. Gill calls me and gives me the same B.S. that everyone else at Ecost.com gave me call SOYO for a refund authorization number again I told him I wanted my money back and with that he starts to recite his return policy NO REFUNDS NO RETURNS manufactures warranty only applies.

Well by this time I got so disgusted that I called SOYO for a return authorization number so I could return it to them for what ever.

So Buyers beware when dealing with Ecost.com.

A. Bruno
Bloomingdale, Ill.
USA.

Comments

• Ar
      24th of Mar, 2008

Don't buy from these crooks. They shipped me the wrong product twice. They make you rebuy the item and then take a month to send you the return package. On top of that they still have not given me a credit back on my credit card. So far 3 months and they still won't give me my money back.

28th of Jul, 2008

NEVER BUY FROM ECOST.COM!!!

They sell refurb items that almost always have problems.
    Bought a laptop. It came with two dead pixels and another part of the screen with a part that doesn't display anything.
    They will not accept a return. Customer service was not helpful at all and will not accommodate any situation.

I also bought a plantronics bluetooth headset.
    Something is wrong with it as it has a lot of static and very poor quality.
    They will not accept it either.

Lesson learned is to never buy from a company that will not let you return their faulty merchandise.
    No wonder their prices are so low.

• Pa
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Atleast you got the product your ordered! I got the wrong monitor from them!!