eCost.com / LCD TV / DVD Player / Hugely frustrating
eCost is a deceptive company. Purchased a refurbished LCD tv/DVD player (my first mistake) back in Oct 08. It arrive a week later - not bad. Opened it up, plugged it in - it was dead on arrival.
Screen did nothing and there was no DVD mechanism in the space where it was supposed to be - just hollow.
I called the same day and asked to return it. eCost said no returns, no money back, maybe an exchange (which never happened) or factory repair. My only choice was factory repair. They gave me Akai's factory info - I was responsible to do all the contacting and if I had a problem - to call eCost. Well, long story short - Akai was impossible to deal with - "fixed" the TV but the DVD still didn't work. eCost is unable to help - not their problem. Hugely frustrating.
Just search the internet and you'll find how many thousand others have had the same rotten experience.
More eCost.com / LCD TV / DVD Player Complaints & Reviews
- eCost.com - Dishonest sales and scam tactics! 
- eCost.com - Scam 
- eCost.com - Platinum Premium Membership Plan 
- eCost.com - Hot sheet bait and switch!
- eCost.com - $39.95 platinum membership
- eCost.com - Do not trust these people
- eCost.com - This company is obviously in the business of ripping off their customers
- eCost.com Platinum Membership - Bait & Switch / FRAUD 
- eCost.com - Total scam
- eCost.com - Terrible Service