Ebookers / refund

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom

I booked a flight through ebookers on 26 March, itinerary number [protected]. The money left my account immediately. A few days later this flight was cancelled and I was not able to take up any of the alternative flights. Since then ebookers have been first been pretending not to understand what my issue was, then suggesting that the refund had to be signed off, culminating in me receiving a confirmation of refund stating that "Dear Ebookers.com Traveller, We're happy to confirm that we have processed your refund application today." This was on 24 April 2017 and was supposed to take 6-10 days. The money was not refunded and on 16 June I spent over an hour being sent from one person to another. At the end I was told that the refund was processed, however, the agent refused to tell me into which account. On 23 June I called again and was told that no refund was ever processes and I had been basically lied to on the previous occasions.
How can this company still operate? Shame on them stealing from people. I have never made a complaint before but this is unbearable. I am writing this 42 minutes into the current call, after I have been told that the agent is trying to get a line manager to authorise the refund. I have difficulty believing this.

Jo