eBay / I got ripped off for 938.00 on ebay and they don't care

I found a reasonably priced 150cc Scooter on Ebay. Sent a bank check for the sum of 938.00, and I got a Junk Scooter that wont start! Its been a year now and I’m still pissed because the thing sits in my basement and still wont start! I bought it from a Scammer named Rak on Ebay. His Ebay store is called Netnetstore. He is located in Lorain Ohio. I talked to everyone there except for him. I talked to his Mechanic, who stated he’s just a Ford mechanic. I talked to the receptionist, who always says he’s gone or in a meeting. He did send me some parts but they didn’t help and most of those parts were for the lights. What a rip-off!

Va

Comments

• Lo
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I think many people do not check the ads for specific information before they buy. Did you ask for information from the seller such as how old is it, does it run, and any other thing you can do to avoid a rip off. Did you get a picture, did you complain to ebay?
    I ALWAYS check other ads to see if the price is out of range, and I often read the sellers and buyers columns about rip offs to identify the likelihood this is one of those kinds of sales that I could lose $ on. I did not see you say you talked to ebay or what they said. Yes there are scammers, buyer beware is all over ebay for the people who listen. Sorry on your loss!