EasyJet / cancelled ticket
Please can you tell us why our daughter Makayla Stubbs flight ticket that was bought on 26th May 2008, was cancelled when she arrived at Barcelona Airport to return home from her holiday. Makayla is only 16 years old and has just finished her exams and this was her treat to go to Barcelona to stay with her old school mate (as we used to live in Spain).
Makayla was told that her ticket had been cancelled, when she checked in. The reason given was that Easy jet had cancelled the ticket as they said it had been booked with a fraudulent Credit Card, if this was the case
1. Why we were not told about this by letter, Land line or Mobile as you have both the numbers or by E.mail or you even had the time as the booking was made in May by post.
2. Why was the ticket that we bought on Sunday 22 June Mastercard ending 4130 148.49 EUR for our other daughter Layla Stubbs, ( booking reference number EDKZTCP) this is the same card that was used to book the ticket for Makayla Stubbs that was cancelled, but Layla’s flight was not cancelled. WHY.
The cancellation of flight booking reference EDHPFWJ caused so many problems, which need not have happened if you had contacted us.
1. Makayla did not have the €180.99 the cost of a new ticket, so she got very upset and had many tears, this caused unnecessary phone calls back and forth to England and a lot of panic where to get the money from, we had to get someone that we know from Barcelona to go to the Airport to pay for her ticket, and so we now owe this person the money. Which there was no need as Layla’s flight that was only just booked the week before on the same card was ok.
2. This has knocked Makayla’s confidence as she will take along time to forget this experience, like she said “she had a ticket everything should have been alright”.
3. On the same flight her Spanish friend flew over to England to stay with us her booking reference is EDHPG6N and her name is MIREIA RAMOS CROSAS she is just 14 years old and is very worried that when she returns to Bristol Airport on 21st July that her ticket might be cancelled.
This has also cost us a lot of extra money as the original ticket that was bought cost €95.99 and as you can see on the new booking done by Easy Jet Staff at Barcelona Airport because of somebody’s mistake EDLFBFB cost €180.99.
We would like a very good explanation for the reasons that caused this very sad end to our daughter’s holiday, and the worry that her friend is experiencing at the moment due to having to fly back. We have flown many times back and forth to Barcelona and so has all our 3 children we were just about to book two flights to Dalaman for the end of July but are in two minds at the moment because of all this.
Lorna & Daniel Stubbs
More EasyJet Complaints & Reviews
- EasyJet - the best way to complain to easyjet 
- EasyJet - fraud and scam 
- EasyJet.com - terrible service! 
- EasyJet - excess baggage charge 
- EasyJet - 24 hour cancellation policy 
- EasyJet Airline Company - Additional costs incurred because of flight delays
- EasyJet Airline Company - Refusal to pay for accommodation after flight was cancelled
- EasyJet Airline Company - staff unfair discrimination
- EasyJet Airline Company - denied boarding
- EasyJet Airline Company - customer services