Easirent / mis-sold excess insurance policy
Rental Agreement No. 1057393 - Stansted Airport, 27th/29th April.
This email was sent to the Manager on 30th April.
We hired a car at the weekend from yourselves and was served by an assistant named Monica. We were asked to purchase excess insurance otherwise we would have to pay £1500 excess. I told the assistant that we already had independent excess insurance, whereupon she said that our policy is not recognised by yourselves and that we should buy your insurance, I was adamant that our insurance was valid but my husband was unsure and as he was the main driver we paid £48.
Upon arriving home I telephoned the excess insurance company and was assured that our policy covers all car rental companies.
We feel that the assistant was using bullying tactics and that we were mis-sold an insurance policy that was not needed.
We look to you to refund the £48 that we paid to yourselves.
I had no reply to this email, so sent a further one on 2nd May, still no reply, so telephoned on 4th May and spoke to the Manager whereupon he said he would speak to the assistant the following day and would email by noon on 5th May, still no response, hence my email to yourselves. I look to you to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
More Easirent Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Easirent - not warned of administrative fee
- Easirent Heathrow Airport - UK - money raising extortion style 
- easirent.com - asked me to pay for broken car 
- [Resolved] Easirent - easirent
- Easyrent - unauthorized credit card charges and unethical behaviour
- Easirent - extra charges
- Easirent - insurance rip off
- Easirent - rental car issue
- easirent.com - nightmare! charged me for damage I didn't cause.
- Easirent - my worst experience