Easirent / mis-sold excess insurance policy

United Kingdom Review updated:

Rental Agreement No. 1057393 - Stansted Airport, 27th/29th April.

This email was sent to the Manager on 30th April.

We hired a car at the weekend from yourselves and was served by an assistant named Monica. We were asked to purchase excess insurance otherwise we would have to pay £1500 excess. I told the assistant that we already had independent excess insurance, whereupon she said that our policy is not recognised by yourselves and that we should buy your insurance, I was adamant that our insurance was valid but my husband was unsure and as he was the main driver we paid £48.

Upon arriving home I telephoned the excess insurance company and was assured that our policy covers all car rental companies.

We feel that the assistant was using bullying tactics and that we were mis-sold an insurance policy that was not needed.

We look to you to refund the £48 that we paid to yourselves.

I had no reply to this email, so sent a further one on 2nd May, still no reply, so telephoned on 4th May and spoke to the Manager whereupon he said he would speak to the assistant the following day and would email by noon on 5th May, still no response, hence my email to yourselves. I look to you to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Ei
May 07, 2018

Comments

• Bo
      Jun 28, 2018

Easirent have charged me the £1250 Deposit I returned the car in 100% condition and they have not refunded the deposit 38 days after I returned the vehicle ???
    1) They subject you to horrible hard selling of their insurance even although I already had insurance through Rentalcars.com
    2) When I declined the Insurance they told me I had better hope that there isn’t a mark on the car or they will keep the entire deposit which is scandalous.
    3) I returned the vehicle in perfect condition please see the attached document, they signed that it was Ok and I would receive the deposit back in 10 days . 38 days later I have written 6 emails to them asking when am I getting my deposit back, I received a reply today that they would look into it ?
    4) This company is dishonest and are running a scam to sell extremely expensive insurance to cover the cost of their cheap rentals.This company needs to be closed down consumers are getting ripped off .

I have written to various consumer bodies and dispute resolution companies as well as the EU complaints board and will not stop until my deposit has been refunded.