Dunkin Donuts / dogs allowed?
My boyfriend and I decided to go to Dunkin Donuts on 1101 North Colony Road, Wallingford CT. on 2/26/11. to get something to drink. Well we walk in and see several elderly men and woman sitting on one side of the restaurant. And to our right there was a man standing there with his small daughter (she was around 4) and she had a small dog with her …. INSIDE!
The dog was on a lead but it honestly didn’t matter. Once I saw the dog I was disgusted enough. Then (to add insult to injury) the dog starts to defecate IN THE RESTURANT! I wanted to throw up right then and there.
The man just picked up the mess and threw it away in the garbage inside! Instead of going outside and throwing it away in the bin out doors.
The woman behinds the counter thought all this was “cute”. Oh of course because this was her family. The child was her daughter. (the little girl was calling out “mommy! Mommy!”) I proceeded to walk to the counter. I was so disgusted that I said “so… apparently it’s ok to have animals in here huh?” the woman looked at me blankly.
This WAS NOT a seeing eye dog. It was a small dog that was clearly not trained. The weather was perfectly fine to keep it in the car for several minutes without a worry. The people working there saw it ok to allow an animal in a location were people are eating food and drinking coffee/tea.
The dogs hair could easily have gone in the food/drinks. I am allergic to dogs and had a slight reaction to it. My boyfriend and I both lost our appetite after witnessing such a disgusting act in front of us.
Note: Picture attached is NOT the dog crapping. It's just the best way I can explain the service.
More Dunkin Donuts Complaints & Reviews
- Dunkin Donuts - terrible treatment of employees 
- Dunkin Donuts - decline in donut quality complaint! 
- Dunkin Donuts - taking away tips from employees 
- Dunkin Donuts - customer service 
- Dunkin' Donuts - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Dunkin Donut - Worst Service By Manager
- Dunkin Donuts - pretzel bites
- Dunkin Donuts - complains about the service in 220 broadway somerville massachusetts
- Dunkin' Brands - my pay check from dunkin
- Dunkin’ Donuts - customer service