Dunkin Donuts / dogs allowed?

1 1101 North Colony RoadWallingford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203.265.1512

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Dunkin Donuts on 1101 North Colony Road, Wallingford CT. on 2/26/11. to get something to drink. Well we walk in and see several elderly men and woman sitting on one side of the restaurant. And to our right there was a man standing there with his small daughter (she was around 4) and she had a small dog with her …. INSIDE!

The dog was on a lead but it honestly didn’t matter. Once I saw the dog I was disgusted enough. Then (to add insult to injury) the dog starts to defecate IN THE RESTURANT! I wanted to throw up right then and there.
The man just picked up the mess and threw it away in the garbage inside! Instead of going outside and throwing it away in the bin out doors.

The woman behinds the counter thought all this was “cute”. Oh of course because this was her family. The child was her daughter. (the little girl was calling out “mommy! Mommy!”) I proceeded to walk to the counter. I was so disgusted that I said “so… apparently it’s ok to have animals in here huh?” the woman looked at me blankly.

This WAS NOT a seeing eye dog. It was a small dog that was clearly not trained. The weather was perfectly fine to keep it in the car for several minutes without a worry. The people working there saw it ok to allow an animal in a location were people are eating food and drinking coffee/tea.
The dogs hair could easily have gone in the food/drinks. I am allergic to dogs and had a slight reaction to it. My boyfriend and I both lost our appetite after witnessing such a disgusting act in front of us.

Note: Picture attached is NOT the dog crapping. It's just the best way I can explain the service.

Comments

• Mo
      28th of Feb, 2011

That's a public health issue, call your local public health office and report them.

• Rz
      28th of Feb, 2011

@Brenda it was a small little mix dog that was wearing booties and a sweater. The dog belonged to the child. Clearly her new "momentary" toy. That's not a service dog. The point is that NO ANIMALS are allowed in a location were food is being served. Dogs carry diseses in there waste. I'm not sure if you knew that or not. Also the man threw away the waste IN THE GARBAGE can were the straws, napkin, cup holders etc were also located. So when I went to put the straw in my drink I was greeted with the disgusting smell of dog crap. Would YOU eat in a place that gross? by the sound of it, you would *barf*

• Ki
      21st of Jan, 2018

@rzyrdj382 You should look into emotion support and other reasons people get service dogs like PTSD and other mental illnesses and injuries/deficiencies other than blindness.

• Ki
      21st of Jan, 2018

@Kirstin Underscoremakeke @rzyrdj382 emotional* but other than that, that was on the customer not the dunkin's or the fact they let dogs in.

• Rz
      28th of Feb, 2011

@Stealth. I did call the health department. I got a recording that stated their business hours are 8:30am-5pm MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY! And if you take a look at a calender for the month of February in 2011, the 26th of February is a SATURDAY. So clearly there wasn't much I could do right then and there instead of (as you so put it) "harass her". It's not "harassing" if I'm pointing something out. If I was pointing something totally unrelated then I agree, that would be harassing. Also, I did not come on here cursing. I came here to report my dissatisfaction and disgust with a location that animals are not allowed in. You really need to grow up and present yourself like an adult. Curse words and slander are unnecessary. I hope whatever aggression you are feeling today drift away.
    Have a great day :)

• Ra
      28th of Feb, 2011

HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF MY LITTLE CHARLIE!! I LOVE THAT DOG YOU NAIVE!!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL...MIDNIGHT, CASTLE CRAIG...I WILL SEE YOU THERE!

• Fr
      22nd of Dec, 2012

I get the pooping inside the store is not pleasant but I can guarantee you accidentally ingest a lot more dirtier stuff. So with that said I think you're totally over reacting and in need of some excitement in life so you decide to vent anger. I hope one day you will chill out.

• Re
      21st of Jan, 2018

Hmmm... apparently, animals are allowed in stores now? awesome! that means I can put my smelly goat on a leash and go grocery shopping, because it helps with my anxiety levels to have my goats around at all times. can I bring my chicken in the store, since he is really more of a family member, than a pet? I could buy him a leash, and have it embroidered with the words, "service animal," to make it look nice and legit... or I could have one of my kids hold the leash, because people will never tell a child to get out of a grocery store, right? excellent...

Grow the [censor] up americans, and get a backbone. give your kids a backbone, and teach them to deal with ptsd, anxiety, and stress on their own. how are they going to get a job, walking in with an animal?

You want your kid to be a doctor? think of what his or her employers will do, when he brings a pet to the interview, because he needs it so bad for some traumnatic life event... you think that even macdonalds would hire someone who needs a, comfort pet at all times? doubtful.

Adults who have comfort or companion animals: these are not, I repeat, not service animals... and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass off a "pet" as one. I guarantee your animal is probably not a service animal, because service animals go through rigorous training, through a professional organization... and guess what? they give you proof, that it is a certified animal used for people with disabilities approved by the ada.

If your animal did not go through rigorous training, by a professional, you do not have a service animal. period. if your child has anxiety, and a doctor told you an animal can help, it is still not a service animal. read the ada.

If you are bringing your little chihuahua in the grocery store, because he gets anxiety when left alone, or was abused by his previous owner, are you gonna get that dog a therapy animal? where does it end?

In the 80s and 90s there were no dogs allowed in the grocery store. period.

People became a bunch of self entitled pukes, who think they can do anything they want, despite laws in place!

And, for the numbskulls that ared going to get on here to try and challenge this, dont bother... as we have heard your whining arguments before.

Read the [censor] americans with disabilities act, from top to tail... "companion animals," are not service animals, nor are they defined by the ada as such. leave your pet in the car, or at home.

(this does not pertain to people with real service animals, for veterans, blindness, and seizures, who have dogs that are trained from a professional service animal training facility).

• Co