Dri*www. Avast.com Element5. Info / credit card charges

1 Australia Review updated:

Charged my credit card $274.16 for nothing.. Have never herd of them or ordered anything from them...

Wo

Comments

• Fa
      8th of Nov, 2010

Dear woggy,
    If you were chagred from the account "DRI*WWW.AVAST.COM ELEMENT5.INFO", this is becasue you had purchase a product/service from avast antivirus (www.avast.com).

Element 5, is a Digital Rivers company and is one of the worlds largest online shop providers.
    avast antivirus online shopping is run entirely on our behalf by element5, so all transactions are performed on Element5's site. This may be the reason why you did not recognize the name "DRI*WWW.AVAST.COM ELEMENT5.INFO" on your credit card statement.

However, if you are certain you did not made the purchase, it's most likely that your credit card was used fraudulently by
    identity theft, in this case, it is adviced to contacted your bank immediately to initiate a chargeback.

If you need further help in this matter or clarification on your order, please do not hesitate to contact avast antivirus at "[protected]@avast.com"

Sincerely,
    Your avast! antivirus team

• Mo
      4th of Apr, 2011

I also had a charge by the same outfit. Never ordered anything from avast. When I put my email address and last four digits of my credit card into their system which was supposed to tell me what I had ordered, it didnt' work. Looks like avast is a bunch of crooks!

• De
      1st of Dec, 2011

I would like to post a complaint about an Avast product, like the previous person. Please let me know how to go about this. My e-mail address is <[protected]@rogers.com> Thank you.

• De
      1st of Dec, 2011

I had tried to purchase the Avast Anti virus program on line. The first attempt I got no confirmation, only a comment in red ink. I tried to do the same again, same result. Then I called the Avast company on the phone and ordered a one year subscription. Earlier over the inter-net I had ordered two year subscriptions. Later I discovered that I had three order numbers. I called back on the 'phone and asked them to cancel both the two year subscriptions, and I would keep the one year subscription. I was assured that would be done and that it would reflect on my VISA bill in fifteen days. I just received my VISA bill ans I see three charges for the same item. 1) Nov 01 - Nov 02 $20.89
    2) Nov 01 - Nov 02 $64.99
    3) Nov 01 - Nov02 $64.99
    For a total of $150.87 Please ensure I have a refund of $129.98 a.s.a.p.

• Er
      1st of May, 2013

this it to advised to you tha i have being paid for the amount of $29.99 for one year suscription of the avast antivirus . i receivfed and spot tha t the avast has allready cancel on 48 minutes . What up, i pay for .