Having problems with Avast Software?

Pikrtova 1737/1A

Munich
Gollierstrasse 70, 80339 Munich

China

Beijing
Beijing Lufthansa Center C203-1&2, 50 Liangmaquiao Rd., Chaoyang Dictrict, Beijing, 100125

Hong Kong

Taiwan

Taipei
11F., No.1, Songzhi Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110

Complaints & Reviews

boy, this thing is quite the hog

Used AVAST in the past and liked it. But I recently downloaded their latest version to do my monthly deep scans. This time around it tried to install Google Drive (!) for some reason, which took forever and eventually failed. So after wasting ten minutes staring at the installation screen Avast finally installed. Did a deep scan, everything's fine. Then I checked the system resources and boy, this thing is quite the hog. Uninstalled it until I need it again.

refund

avast charge me twice the numbers are [protected] and [protected] i sent an e mail they said i cant get my money back its my money i want it put back into my account

John Kisida Feb 25, 2017

Avast is no longer good for there word, I paid, still do not have what I paid for, I am looking at my bank statment and was charged for sofeware that It wont allow, unlesss I pay again . Very upsetting

John Kisida Feb 25, 2017

Avast became theives they rook my payment, cant install, and Avast is asking for me to pay again. I am looking at my bank statment, I have proof I paid . so for the last 18 days I'm paying for software I did not get, and being ask to pay again, tried to contack them, it's waist of time . Sorry to say but vast has gone bad, they already destroyed one of my computers few years ago with Grim Fighter, it Crashed my PC . I anm out at least 500 USD due to this abuse

will not refund/no phone #

I have been trying for over two months now to reach somone at avast, i've had no luck. All numbers take you...

they lost my manuscript!

I was working on a manuscript, and highly sensitive because of the subject, for a book publication. I came back to the computer with a message from avast! Saying they had to shut down, and that anything of mine left open may have been lost. They enabled me to generate a report to microsoft, which I did, to report the error. Meanwhile, I have lost my manuscript, without a backup, because it was not scheduled—my error (I was in the middle of a change). I don't know if I can find a tech who can retrieve it from the hd in someway or not (And at what cost?). The thing is, I trusted avast! Then, I googled sites displeased with the service and found a slew of them. What seemed to have been a jewel is pebble in the mud for me. I cannot tell you the emotional pain I am going through right now, and the misery over the lost of this material. Please do what you can.
Sincerely
Gary strecker

• Wi
    wifi8827 Oct 04, 2012

first of all, get rid of Avast and use Microsoft Security Essentials instead, its free and works great.

secondly, here is a list of free data recovery programs that may help:

• Ga
    Garyns Oct 04, 2012

Well, a valuable piece of information enabled me to find the file. It will result in many more problems if done incorrectly--like deleting anything, or failing to restore original settings, but it worked. I was able to find the file as a 'hidden' file. I also learned that if a company is legitimate, as Avast! certainly is, that the file will be somewhere, whether in quarantine, or the delete bin, or just hidden, as mine was. So my great panic is over.
    Another thing to learn: do not leave files open and walk away. If a scan occurs, it just might turn up missing, as mine did. Fortunately, it had a good outcome.

disrespectful members.

This is driving me crazy! I registered to their forums to report some crashes, provided all the information. Uploaded some log files about the BSOD error message and provided useful information. I even provided the download link and some verification hash strings just to ensure that the person who downloads them can verify the file integrity if it hasn't been corrupted.

Then they told me to upload the files to an FTP server with every single step to that they could provide me, that is just plain insulting, and just stupid. I was clear enough that I'm not a computer newbie. I told them that they were wrong and there's no need for all the things. I would have been happy with only just a few words stating that just upload the error logs to this server. And after that I got bombarded by users who only just building their posts and only just to harass me. They just bash other people just for reporting some bugs to the developers and they tell you that you are wrong.

I saw that they posted on their forums some details about their beta version of their antivirus product with download links. And someone even posted in their beta topic a legit feature request. Even if wasn't grammatically correct it was a definitely was understandable. Then they started making fun of him, and telling him that his sentence doesn't make any sense. One user even told him what he has smoke. I told them that to be nice, there's no need for rude comments. The user was a new member of the forum. I posted some bugs about their AutoSandbox feature and suggested some stuff about it. They still bashed me, and told me that my posts are garbage and off-topic.

I did explained in detail what the problem is actually, I made valid point and talked about the whole feature. And then I got two warnings for literally nothing. I did helped some new users and they provided some tools, and I just told them that I don't like it, and there are other alternatives. I also told them that if they like them that's great, and I told them how I do the stuff manually without any tools.

Today I can't even post on the forum anymore. I got another warning. That's a total of three warnings, Check the screenshot below! Just for telling others to be respectful with other members and not to threat everybody as a stupid this is what I got. Shame on the corrupt moderators and all the haters there. I've seen far more better forums where you can at least do conversations like an intelligent human being and not like an animal. Moderators there abuse their powers without any reasons! I like their free antivirus products but after all these I think I might even switch to another product. And not just because they messed with we, but because I had enough of all the crappy members who just contradict other people for no reason, and they even defend themselves just because they have more than 10000 posts or even more, or just even a half of them. They only just care about their post counter and to make as many posts as possible. That doesn't matter if they post two or three word sentences, they just do it.

As I said their product is decent, but their community is just really bad! I mean baaad. I've seen here other complaints here, and this will definitely will be a nice addition to the complaints list, just because we can. I recommend if you have any problems with avast! just don't go to their forums, ask someone else because they are complete idiots. They treat you as a monkey, not matter if you are reporting stuff in detail and chit chatting about stuff. Shame on you guys! Respect for the friendly members there, but a big no no to the offensive and disrespectful members!

disrespectful members.

pissed_of_dude Jun 17, 2012

So yeah! These guys think that they are Gods, with their power! They are just as the same person as me or other ones. They shine with their uber super hyper evangelist groupes, but some of them in reality are just worthless. Giving detailed information about software issues are worth more then just stating that it is just broken! Feedback as a developer is always welcome, but there's no point of sending them if rude members get in your way!

Screw your support guys! And thanks for wasting my time, when I could have been doing something else useful! They give crap about your opinion! Big Thumbs down!

Comments

pissed_of_dude Jun 17, 2012

Brenda* I didn't moderated anything! Stop being a douchebag!

Good bye! Go get some fresh aid Brenda*
    Have a nice day!

pissed_of_dude Jun 17, 2012

It was just a typo, I meant to say "air". Still there are more friendlier ways communicating to people and not fighting with them.

been charged twice

Refund may 20th payment. For our antivirus. After I had done it, you had a message on computer saying that it had not been done, for two days it came up saying we would not have cover.. We redid it on may 23rd. Now you have charged us twice, and would like a refund for 29.99. It says we can get fefund for 30 days.

• Ll
    Lélia Orvalho Jan 16, 2013

It happened the same to me, on the 28.12.2012
    I paid 19, 99 € for an Upgrade ... and nothing Don't have the anti-virus, no confirmation, nothing.
    Exactly the same ...
    It's a fraud from somebody

samuncle2222 Apr 12, 2017

Card has been charged twice. No Help from avast. Confused whether to use service or not. feel not secured.

charge twice

I was charge twice for orders #[protected] on 12/30 2011 for the amount of $34.99 and on 01/11/2012 the amount of $39.99 at the same company (Dri*avast software orderfind.com) on my credit card, my name is regine maistri my email sdress [protected]@aol.com please remit thank-you r maistri

• Vo
    voltic2 Apr 02, 2012

to me i think they are just using us...my goods got lost too...can we be [email protected] business personel in Ghana...

• Li
    linda klinzman Mar 24, 2014

I ORDERED A SECURITY FOR MY COMPUTER AND PAID WITH CREDIT CARD AND THEY SAY MY SECURITY HAS EXPIRED

billed 3x on debit card

I had avast on my computer and it indicated my subscription was due to be renewed. I attempted to renew it but had trouble getting confirmation of renewal. Different windows kept opening up, so I went to another software co. Whose website was easier to follow. I would like to cancel avast and get my 3 charges on my debit. Card removed. The dates are 2/14 3/12 and 3/9 my name is lynne f drost

scam

I always had the free version of Avast Antivirus. I decided to upgrade to a discounted yearly subscription they advertised. The setup file I paid for will not work, nor will the free version. I called the number they gave for troubleshooting and they logged in remotely to my computer and started going through everything wrong with my computer (totally unrelated to Avast, as he kept pointing out). I asked, well how do I get Avast to work, and he said it's impossible on my computer since there are too many startup files, too many junk files, etc. Then he proceeded to sell me a subscription to a computer technician (totally unrelated to Avast, he pointed out again). I said I'm not going to buy anything and he hangs up on me. He quickly deletes the list of things I had to do to help my computer's health. TOTAL SCAM!!!

no techsupport

The issue is that when I upgraded from the free antivirus to the avast security software it would not work. So I called the help line and talked with i
Yogi (Avast tech support group in india).In the background was a bunch of people (Kids, pots and pans, laughter etc. ). I reached the iyogi group after 3 calls waiting on hold for more that 20 minutes each time. Well, to summarize the service tech said that I needed to purchase a I year subscription which covered all type of support for avast and other software and that the reason why my computer needed this help is that I had too many problem on my computer. I do not know why I listened, but I did and man was that a mistake. After getting in tough with the tech group he was complaining that he could not do any thing because my computer was freezing up (My original problem) and that he could get me a good deal on a toshiba l755 and windows 7. Wow, in other words spend more many on what is suppose to be a free service. I was pissed! I did my own research and figure out what was the problem and fixed all my issues without any support from iyogi and/or avast. I am not going to ask for a full refund from iyogi ($169.99). I was definitely fooled and I hope you will not be. Ref: iyogi case id - [protected]
And iyogi case id - [protected]. My big question is how does avast think this is tech support when they are doing nothing but selling there product under the disguise of helping the avast software run properly. I am sure my attempt to get a refund from iyogi will not be easy.

avast 2yr subscription not delivered

On 20 june I signed up for 2yrs anti virus protection, my card was debited $nz101 but no programme or licence...

false alarms to get you to buy their product

Over the past couple of days avast has been warning me about a malicous attack. It shows as wpad. Dat and the service is svchost. Exe. When you click on the link it takes you to the purchase page at avast and it is pushing me to purchase the full version. When I run a full scan with avast, nothing comes up and when I review the logs it show no alerts. I don't mind paying for a good product... But when a product claims to offer a free version and then hits you with false alarms to try to scare you into buying their product I think that is pretty low. I'll be switching away from avast as soon as I can find the time to research a new solution. If this were a valid threat the link that comes up should take me to a page that defines the problem and offers a solution... Then I would be open to paying money... I'm just feeling scammed at this point.

does not recognize my email address

Purchased avast anti-virus in november, attempting to transfer the program to a new computer after my old computer crashed. On the avast web site they refuse to recognize my email address; telling me that I am not registered. Purchsae made and charged to my visa credit card on 20 november 2010, with your email address on the billing.

unauthorized charge

I have been charged for antivirus that I have not received. It was suppose to be free but said it would cost me $12.95 a year for three years and I agreed to this and then it said I would be billed $70.80 on my credit card but didn't give me an option to decline. I received my credit card statement today with this charge on it. I want a refund for this amount and I will purchase an antivirus locally and install it myself.

unauthorized charge

• My
    mysteryshopping2011 Jan 29, 2011

If it was free why did you give them your credit card?

• Ag
    A. Galli Apr 01, 2011

Renewed avast antivirus on 2/26/2011, continue to receive cancellation notice.

Jonathan Wainwright Apr 13, 2011

I have also been ripped off and have no idea of how to get my money back. I too was told that I would pay$12. 65 per year and have been charged $70.80. I also have no anti virus on my lap top. I do now have a total mistrust of buying this sort of thing using a credit card and I'd like to get the ### who have stolen my money. Jon Wainwright, Tauranga, NZ

billing

I was billed $92.86 by avast for anti virus was told it would only cost 27.96. How can i get the extra charges off my bill?

misleading on ads.

I was signing up for cnet.com/avast-free-antivirus and some how the company turned out to be software-hq with...

unauthorized charges

i rec'd one charge to my credit card for $16.96 and one charge for $69.95 and these charges were not authorized. they were both dated 12-21-2010. how do i remove these charges and prevent future problems?

• St
    stlkenny Dec 27, 2010

I would first get a hold of the company that sells avast. It is a company that has products that gets rid of virus's on your computer. Try avast.com first. This is the second time I heard about this company. Be aware of it, in the future.

credit card charges

Charged my credit card $274.16 for nothing.. Have never herd of them or ordered anything from them...

• Fa
    FayeLiu Nov 08, 2010

Dear woggy,
    If you were chagred from the account "DRI*WWW.AVAST.COM ELEMENT5.INFO", this is becasue you had purchase a product/service from avast antivirus (www.avast.com).

Element 5, is a Digital Rivers company and is one of the worlds largest online shop providers.
    avast antivirus online shopping is run entirely on our behalf by element5, so all transactions are performed on Element5's site. This may be the reason why you did not recognize the name "DRI*WWW.AVAST.COM ELEMENT5.INFO" on your credit card statement.

However, if you are certain you did not made the purchase, it's most likely that your credit card was used fraudulently by
    identity theft, in this case, it is adviced to contacted your bank immediately to initiate a chargeback.

If you need further help in this matter or clarification on your order, please do not hesitate to contact avast antivirus at "[email protected]"

Sincerely,
    Your avast! antivirus team

• Mo
    mounter12 Apr 04, 2011

I also had a charge by the same outfit. Never ordered anything from avast. When I put my email address and last four digits of my credit card into their system which was supposed to tell me what I had ordered, it didnt' work. Looks like avast is a bunch of crooks!

• De
    Denis T. D'Silva Dec 01, 2011

I would like to post a complaint about an Avast product, like the previous person. Please let me know how to go about this. My e-mail address is <[email protected]> Thank you.

• De
    Denis T. D'Silva Dec 01, 2011

I had tried to purchase the Avast Anti virus program on line. The first attempt I got no confirmation, only a comment in red ink. I tried to do the same again, same result. Then I called the Avast company on the phone and ordered a one year subscription. Earlier over the inter-net I had ordered two year subscriptions. Later I discovered that I had three order numbers. I called back on the 'phone and asked them to cancel both the two year subscriptions, and I would keep the one year subscription. I was assured that would be done and that it would reflect on my VISA bill in fifteen days. I just received my VISA bill ans I see three charges for the same item. 1) Nov 01 - Nov 02 $20.89
    2) Nov 01 - Nov 02 $64.99
    3) Nov 01 - Nov02 $64.99
    For a total of $150.87 Please ensure I have a refund of $129.98 a.s.a.p.

• Er
    erasmo rosas -cuebas May 01, 2013

this it to advised to you tha i have being paid for the amount of $29.99 for one year suscription of the avast antivirus . i receivfed and spot tha t the avast has allready cancel on 48 minutes . What up, i pay for .

money, and product

Paid for security software for one year, after we had installed it and it was in about 1 month, our system said, we had 9 days before we had to buy again - we finally got in touch with someone at avast telephone number, and the man said he needed to take control of our computer, my husband was at the computer, and when I walked through, I noticed he was copying files, etc. I finally took over the call, he said he needed me to sign into my email - "no" I don't think so. He kept ignoring our questions, very rude, they got that money - but I can assure you they won't get anymore. Horrible company. Rude people - scam artist.

• Ro
    Ronomundo Jan 14, 2011

Agree that this is a corrupt company. We purchased the Platinum Security Suite from them on July 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm for $69.95 for one year's service. Today, a notice popped up on the screen of the laptop in question that there was only 18 days remaining. Today is January 14, 2011. I called their technical support number, which was 877-877-9362. The call went to India. Their company is located in Czech Republic. They requested remote access and were unable to resolve the problem. They asked for proof of purchase and then told us there was no such proof in their system. I then contacted the reseller, Digital River in Minnesota and the call was transferred automatically to The Philippines where the call was unresolved as their records were also reported to be void of the transaction. The proof of purchase, which they cannot delete is from U.S. Bank. However, here is the problem, there is no U. S. agent for service for legal process. To sue them in small claims court, I have to hire a process server. The filing fee and cost of service are awardable in small claims court but there is no way to bring them to court except in La Hague Netherlands, place I would not have standing since the court primarily hears matters of significance, or the Czech Republic in front of a kangaroo legal system. The sole recourse is the Federal Trade Commission which has a very poor record of resolution with offshore companies. Therefore I must sue the U.S. Bank and VISA for recovery, jointly as the reversal time is outside of their charge-back dispute period. Please take this matter into consideration before you purchase anything from AVAST.

• Pr
    ProudToBeAnAmerican2011 Dec 08, 2011

well then its a good thing that i didnt buy it, i just have the free offer, and espcially since they are partnered with IYOGI!!! HORRORIBLE COMPANY!!!

• Br
    Brianna Elite Jan 24, 2012

Hi! I'm so glad I am not alone in the Avast IYOGI issue! This is a HUSTLE! They sell you the product, it stops working, you call technical support, You go through the Budda/Karma experience from HELL! They tell you to calm down, your an irate person who paid good money for a product, and they hold your license hostage! They tell you your computer needs work, and for $169.99 they'll help you! That's per computer! They then tie up your time, a lot of it, take control of your computer, and then hrs later, get it working, then the $169.99 pitch! Buy your internet security from the store, get a CD. Don't do the IYOGI game, it's a hustle to get you to hire them for online technical support. Good luck everyone! And good Karma to you!

anna richmond Oct 23, 2012

I purchesed one year of avast for $49.99. Near the end of first month I began receiving messages that my trial of avast was running out. Everyday another message until I was down to one day left. I called Avast, told them I did not have a trial, but had paid for a whole year. The person I spoke to said he would investigate, gave me a bunch of nonsense about my computer being severly infected and they could not put avast on until it was cleaned up or my computer would crash, which meant they had to have access to it so they could clean it up for me(with a nice big fat charge of course.) Well, since avast was already on my computer as a trial, what sense did that make? He also warned me not to take the computer to Staples or any other repair place because they wouldn't understand about this and likely ruin my computer. Needless to say I did take it to my local repair shop I have used for years and trusted. They said there was nothing wrong with my computer and indeed it was a scam. They also said avast is operated out of the Ukrain where most of the virses come from any way. They also told me the so called trial of avast hadn't even been working at all, cleaned up a few things, put a good anti-virus service on it and didn't charge me a thing.
    Now as for getting my $49.99 back, I'm sure that's not going to happen. Every time I call avast about it, I'm told I have to do this through a web site. Every web site they give me does not exist. Now, since they have my bank account info, I'm considering closing it out and opening a new one . These people are scam artists and not to be trusted.

took my money and didn't send purchased upgrade

I was offered the opportunity by avast.com to upgrade a free version of avast anti-virus to the paid license for the avast professional edition. I purchased the 2 year upgrade. They debited my account for the purchase price immediately and the confirmation page stated that I would receive the purchased license number within 48 hours. It never came.

After two weeks I attempted to contact them and discovered that they did not have a customer support number or email address - and the listed email contact numbers were non-working addresses. I then began to use the "resend paid license" link on a daily basis in order to get them to send or resend the purchased product - with no result.

I even contacted one of their listed 'resellers' in the usa in hope that they might have a direct way in which I could contact them regarding the situation and was informed that he did not have a direct contact address or email and they are notorious for this type of thing.

It has been almost a month now and every attempt I have made to contact them has resulted in 'undeliverable' emails and no response to the "resend paid license" forms. Although the free product is good - I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing the 'paid for' "upgrade" as this appears to be a scam.

james cline Apr 17, 2012

upgrade would not install, I cancelled, they billed me anyway on the same day, 19 Mar 20012.

• Ga
    Gay King/INSTITCHES Jul 21, 2014

I was double charged for AVAST software. On June 12, 2014, I was charged $21.54 for the software. Again, on June 16, 2014, I was charged $21.54 for the software. Please credit me for the second charge.

Margaret Tatum Potter Aug 05, 2014

Was billed on my American Express Card 34.99 for Computer HRDWR/SETW, date 7/14.14. I have not requested anything from AVAST.

• Gw
    Gwen Roush Aug 04, 2015

Was billed on my visa credit card for $42.39 for DRI*AVASTSOFTWA. and never requested anything from them. Please give me my money back.