Having problems with Avast Software?

Avast Software reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 26, 2008. The latest review 99779139400 was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint been charged twitch & charged for a renewal be for my time was up and no e-mail was resolved on Mar 05, 2020. Avast Software has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 238 reviews. Avast Software has resolved 108 complaints.

Avast Software Customer Service Contacts

Munich
Gollierstrasse 70, 80339 Munich

China

Beijing
Beijing Lufthansa Center C203-1&2, 50 Liangmaquiao Rd., Chaoyang Dictrict, Beijing, 100125

Hong Kong

9300 Harris Corners Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28269

Taiwan

Taipei
11F., No.1, Songzhi Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Avast Software Customer Service. Initial Avast Software complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Avast Software above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Avast Software. Discuss the issues you have had with Avast Software and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Avast Software Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

Avast Software — unauthorized paypal account charged $43.69 dri*avast

On july 31, I showed a pre-approved payment withdrawals from my PayPal credit that I never authorized in the...

Avast Softwareavast billing

I have had too much trouble with your software and your billing process. First.- I ordered AVAST Premier for 3 computers got a good deal. Shortly thereafter you refunded my money without permission. Your Customer Support couldn't solve the problem, then offered to sell it to me for 3 times as much. When I first reported this problem, the Customer Service person stated that they would send me an EMail within 1 hour and call me back within within one hour. NEITHER WAS DONE ! After all this I purchased AVAST Premier for my computer- It was supposed to be $ 19.99- I WAS CHARGED $29.99. I purchased A vast cleanup for 3 computers. My account shows the payment and that the account is active; however, when I try to use it, it comes up as AVAST CLEANUP FREE! Customer service was again no help !

Lastly I was charged $ 79.99 for a renewal that I did not authorize. I don't even know what it was for since I received no notification prior to the charge. I want a refund for that and resolution of the problems I have had with activation.

I would also like to speak with someone that is capable of solving issues - preferably someone that does not have a heavy accent.

EMail = [protected]@knology.net
PH: [protected]

• Avast Software's response · Aug 08, 2017

You should contact avast at https://www.avast.com/support

Avast Softwarebilling without my knowledge

Greetings!

I'm one of your clients who used Avast free trial. By doing so I added my paypal account through your website to get those services that costed 0, 0$. It's been a month that I have been using the free trials and the free services and i really liked how Avast worked, especially the performance part.

However, I woke up this morning, having a message on my mobile phone from the bank, telling i have done two payments to your company through, both costing a total of 79, 98$ while my laptop was off and I hereby confirm that I never did that payment or had knowledge of it.

I'm convinced that there is a mistake to it, so I kindly request you to review this purchase. I know this is a serious company and I'm sure we will find a solution to this. I haven't used the new licences and I don't want to use them for the time being. I expect a full refund.

Payment was made through: [protected]@gmail.com

First Order ID: [protected]

Second Order ID: [protected]

Lookong forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Kristi Kola

• Avast Software's response · Aug 08, 2017

Customer contacted Avast trough official channel.

Avast Softwareavast internet security

My Avast account was auto renewed for $30 more than last year. $49.99 to $79.99 I was told that there was a price increase from last year but I was never notified of that increase. If I was I surely would have to renewed for that price. Especially since on the website the cost for that same product is $20 less than I was charged. I've attached a pic for proof.

I also hate that there is no way to speak to a customer service agent about billing inquiries. When it's my money I'm dealing with I should be able to speak to someone to get my issue resolved immediately instead of waiting days to get an answer from my ticket.
      '
      And...I"ve been an Avast customer for well over 5 years so you would think that they would never treat a loyal customer that way!!

My ticket # is: #903386
      Order ID # [protected]

I am just very disappointed with this situation. I want an immediate refund without having to wait days for an answer to my ticket.

avast internet security

• Avast Software's response · Aug 08, 2017

Your ticket is handled by Avast Support.

Your subscription was renewed because your previous order had Auto-Renewal option active.

Avast distributor informed you about this renewal in the renewal notification emails (30 & 15 days) before the renewal.

These emails informs about upcoming renewal event together with a description how to cancel this renewal feature.

Avast Softwareavast antivirus

My order No: [protected]

I am trying to discover why you are billing me again for Avast Antivirus when you have already taken the money from my account on 15th July 2017. When I noticed this and after already paying I cancelled the automatic renewal for the second payment request sent in error. You have responded to this but have not provided an answer as to why you are billing me twice and whether my 1st payment will renew my cover.

Please treat as urgent

Mr RJ Dean

• Avast Software's response · Aug 04, 2017

Avast already replied to your question in their support center.

Avast Softwaretrying to take money

My name is Craig Horton uk u keep trying to take monies out of my bank account I have never authorized that so please stop and remove all my details u have off me. Or my email accounts [protected]@yahoo.co.uk or [protected]@yahoo.co.uk if this continues I will be informing the police urgently. Also if have taken Any monies I expect I full refund I will be checking all transactions on my account thank u

• Avast Software's response · Jul 31, 2017

You can manage your auto-renewal in MyAvast account at my.avast.com or by following this FAQ: https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle

Respond

Avast SoftwareI no longer have a computer, give back my money.

As of a years ago I no longer have a computer for the service. So why are you taking my money out of my account with out my permission? I would really appreciate it if you could send me my $42.39 back. Here is the information you need to do so. Angela Atkins, 4835 E. Milham, apt. D, Portage, MI 49002. I did not sigh a contract with you so why are you doing this to me.

• Avast Software's response · Jul 25, 2017

• Avast Software's response · Aug 03, 2017

If you need a refund from Avast then contact them at https://www.avast.com/support use the contact an agent form at the bottom of the page.

3 Responses
                magick betty Aug 01, 2017

I did not approve a renewal. I expect a full refund. If not I will file a complaint with Better Business Bureau, file a nasty complaint on any and every site that has your name on it. This is a total scam. I'm elderly and disabled living on a small disability check. This has come out of my food allocation. I check my emails every day and did not receive a 30 day or a 15 day email. This is affecting my mental and physical health and adding to my stress level. Betty Warner

• Cr
                craig horton Jul 31, 2017

Anyone know how to contact avast they keep taken money out of my account and I don't even have a computer and when I go on there site u need account to log in and send message gggrrrr

• Vl
                Vladimir_A Jul 31, 2017

@craig horton Your order was already refunded back to the account you used for the original order.

Avast Softwareavast unauthorised billing

Hi I was billed without authorisation on the 16/6/2107 from my Master card account for $69.99
              I am therefore seeking a refund of this amount or i will authorise my bank to reverse the charge.
              i can hope you can remove this matter as soon as possible and I wish to express disappointment that you would not have sent me a clear email first before you billed me.
              John Capaldo
              Mount Nasura 6112
              Western Australia

• Avast Software's response · Jul 24, 2017

Our distributor informed you about this renewal in the renewal notification emails (30 & 15 days) before the renewal.

Avast Softwareincorrect and double billing

On 7/20/17 you billed my credit card for $64.41 twice. I will not pay those charges. I did not authorize a renewal at that level and certainly not twice. Your automatic renewal cancellation does not work. You repeatedly sent me notices saying that I needed to renew and then renewed twice at some level of cost that I did not request.

This is not the first year that my bill has been wrong. Please cancel both charges and I will remove Avast from my applications.

• Avast Software's response · Jul 24, 2017

You were probably charged for an auto-renewal for one of your license.
                    Avast distributor's send renewal notification emails to cancel this renewal.
                    I recommend to contact Avast support directly at https://www.avast.com/support

Avast Softwareunethical

Last week I had "Avast Internet Secuity" installed. The software prevented my PC from starting. When I called the free phone number, my PC was taken over by the software vendor to chill the registry for the solution to the problem. To this end, I had to pay 60 $ which I refused. Because I did not want the software anymore, I asked to uninstall it. This was done promptly so I am free to ask you to return my money.
                  Payment was made as follows:
                  Reference Number: [protected]
                  Beneficiary: Nexway
                  Bank: Société Générale
                  IBAN: FR76 [protected] 751
                  Swift / BIC: SOGEFRPP
                  Total: 39.99 €
                  In the hope of a favorable result, I greet politely

• Avast Software's response · Jul 03, 2017

Customer was refunded by Avast.

• Updated by Van Hecke Jacqueline · Aug 18, 2017

When I phoned your services on July 3, 2017, I was assured that this was a free number. However, my telephone service provider charged an amount of 22.39 euros for calling 1 hour, 29 minutes to the United States. As I was deceived, I am so free to you to request the refund of this amount.
                      Besides, my case has already been treated successfully for what thanks. The amount of € 39.99 was returned.
                      In the hope that you will also treat this last request positively, I highly recommend
                      Van Hecke Jacqueline

Avast Software — technical support

I contacted 'Customer support' a few days ago, because I could no longer send replies to my Gmail emails. My...

Avast Softwareavast premier order [protected]

hello
                    have been a customer for number of years and never paid as much for this product avast premier witch don't even include VNP or clean up premium
                    £76 is a rip off and specially when your competitors charged far less Avira or Norton for example
                    I would expect for that price to include VNP & CLEAN UP! AND if not, don't expect me to renew my licence next time...
                    order ID:[protected]
                    AMOUNT: $ 95.99
                    HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU
                    MR DULONG [protected]@GMAIL.COM

• Avast Software's response · Jun 12, 2017

Customer purchased Avast Premier for a listed price.

We cannot discuss or compare prices in this channel.

Customer can contact Avast directly for those purposes.

Respond

Avasttechnical service and support online service

This company is totally unethical on every level especially customer service. Avast linked onto my iPad and acquired my Amex number without my knowledge and permission. There is no unsubscribe icon on their web site so now the nightmare began. I called their technical support number and they said to go on their website to remove. This was impossible as they provide no way of unsubscibing at all in any manner. Then I called technical support and spent well over an hour with them to remove app. They did not have a clue what they were doing and hung up on me! Never called back or even emailed me to reconnect. They had all my contact numbers and the worst and scary part they had my Amex number. The next day I gave it one more shot and the same thing happened. The technical support is outsourced And both times I could barely could understand what they were saying. The bottom line is that they were rude and completely incompetent. And I stress incompetent. They are a scam! Finally Apple support helped me resolve the issue. They were fabulous! Go after this [censor] and protect other people who never requested their service and never never gave out credit card info. They stole it. Please go after them!

Avast Software — pending - avast - nexway [protected] fra

This charge has not been authorised - cancel it asap  Open transaction details Pending - avast - nexway 415...

Daylesford

Avast Softwareunauthorized credit card charges

On 30 03 2017 you charged my credit card with out of my knowledge the sum of £89.99 I dont know why you take my money I dont get any bill for that, and I dont want someone to use my money with out authorization .
                        Barbara Peciak
                        Master card ...1290

Looks like the system want me to put more details I wish I can do that, but that is all I have I like my money back and Lets me decide if I like pay .taking my money with out authorization is stilling. Avast is for protecting but looking at my experience is nothing than cheating .In future I like rater bay new computer than use you as my protector

• Avast Software's response · May 16, 2017

Customer's subscription was renewed because her previous order had Auto-Renewal option active.

Our distributor informed her about this renewal in the renewal notification emails (30 & 15 days) before the renewal.

Avast Software — avast secureline vpn

I want to ask why my credit card charged Rp. 1.400.000 at digital river ireland, shanon ? Below I attach the...

Avast Software — internet security

I purchased a new laptop in November 2016 and received 6 month free Internet security I purchased clean up...

Jarrow

Avast Software(no subject) refund stolen from my bank account without permi

The response for money taken from my account illegally. I have over 2, 000 emails in my account your statement is that I was notified about my auto renewal in my email account. I checked my email from March 1st thru March 31st. There was no email from Avast asking for renewal. I checked my email from April 1st to April 30th no email from Avast there is no email asking for renewal. I checked my email for May there was no request for renewal I was told my anti-virus will be expiring May 2107 but my money was taken from my account on April21, 2017. I have an anti-Virus plan with them but it with them but my cost is 14.99. I talked with one of the support team member Eain. We pull up my account it showed that I had two valid account both expires in April or May 2018. I have two of the same program can anybody tell me how can I get My refund. My money was taken from my account illegally without my permission. I didn't sign up for auto renewal. My ticket number is 796278 My ID number is [protected]. I want and need my $59.99 for surgery it was my co-pay for endoscopy. Please can anyone help me. I'm getting choked on my food because my throat has narrowed because of acid reflux

• Avast Software's response · May 05, 2017

Your order was already refunded based on your request at Avast.
                              You received reply from Avast 3 days ago informs you about processed refund.

Respond

Avast Softwaremoney withdrawn for my bank account illegally

I was looking at my bank account online I noticed I had a charge of $59.99 which was made on April 21, 2017 from Dri Avast software Minnetonka Min. I D #[protected] ticket # 796278 . I haven't renewed nor have I made a mistake in ordering anything from Avast software this year. I called to request a refund on April 27, 2017 the person that I talked with tried to sell me a new software package that cost $149.00. He tried to download the software package . I checked my computer later on there was no software on my computer from avast. There is a symbol of the program when I click on it shows that there is no program located on my computer. I called back on April 28, 2017 The person I talked to on Friday when giving him my information couldn't find any information of me calling about my complaint on April27, 2017. He told me how to make a request for a refund. I call back this Saturday April 29, 2017 to ask about my refund. I want my money of $59.99 to be refunded back into my account immediately. It is illegal to take money from somebody account without their permission. The person I talked to on Saturday stated that I made a purchase last year in May but my cost was $14.99 it was not an automatic renewal. The software package I have with them renewal is for the month of May not April, They took it upon themselves to renew the package without my permission. I want all of my $59.99 refunded asap.

• Avast Software's response · May 02, 2017

You were probably charged for an Auto-Renewal charge.
                                Avast distributors inform customers about upcoming renewals in the email 30 days in advance with an option to cancel it.

Respond

Avast — unauthorised credit card charges

Our Avast ID# [protected] On 30/03/ 2017 we were charged $120.74 on our credit card . Ref 990104. On...

Christchurch