DriveTime / Harrassment

United States, Florida, Tampa Review updated:
This company's practices are horrendous. They begin collection calls one day past the due date, and call both at home and at work. I have been recently told that I have late fees on my loan, but, never received any documentation regarding this. Now, they claim I owe $32, and want it paid immediately. $32!!!

I have repeatedly requested a statement of my account, and have been told that they cannot provide me one from the dealership. In the same conversation, they tell me I can come and pick it up at the store!!! So, they cannot stick it in an envelope, and mail it to me, or better yet, fax it to me, BUT, they can charge me $7.50 when I make a payment online!!!
I am reporting them to the Clearwater Better Business Bureau, and will be calling the corporate office, and terminating my loan agreement with this company. This is the WORST experience I have ever had in my entire life.

N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My brother gave me as a reference and every time he's late on a payment I get these harrassing phone calls. I never entered into any agreement with drivetime!
A  29th of May, 2009 by
Good luck with that. My husband and I purchased a car there 4 years ago and for the first couple of years our payments were on time and sometimes early. Then, we had some financial hard times and after fighting with them, they extended our agreement for a couple of months. See that they didn't give us anything really, they just added more time to the loan agreement. Then, about 5 months ago, our car was due to be paid off, but my husband had been out of work for close to a year and I had been making the majority of the income and I couldn't keep up with the 410 dollar a month payments for a 2001 model car...I bought it in 2005...who got screwed here? Anyway, I attempted to make some arrangements so I could get it paid off...I literally have 3 payments left, but they refuse to work with me. I have these people contacting my references on a daily basis harassing them, I have some douchebag harassing my husband on the phone, threatening that he will go to jail if he doesn't turn over the car...all that for 1200 dollars that they won't work with me so I can pay to them. The collection agent was very rude and very personal with my husband...insulting him saying that he makes habits out of not repaying his debts...this guy discusses our financial situation with other people, trying to squeeze us for the money by embarrassing us. Needless to say, no matter what this guy does or says, I can't pull the money out of my butt to give to him and we tried to arrange a payment plan to get it taken care of and he REFUSED payment. Well, unfortunately, for this guy, I know my rights and if he calls me or my husband again, he's going to know it. Drivetime is the WORST place for someone with bad credit to go because they will use your credit history against you if you fall behind on the payment...best thing to do, save up and buy a car for cash. It may not be the sweetest ride, but it will be yours and you won't have some dipshit calling you and bugging you all the time.
A  30th of Sep, 2010 by
I had the same problem. They harrass every reference you have. I had spoken with one guy & told him how I was having financial issues and would be paying abt a week or 2 late. He damn near cursed me out. He basically told me that I am worthless and they were going to come repo the car. I said fine, I live in IL now (from AZ) and the car will be on fire when you get here. I asked for him to xfr me to his supervisor but he hung up on me. I am almost done with my payment, $750 left. Never again will I ever, ever go to them. Luckily, I did get a good car from them but it sure wasnt worth it. We all are gettin screwed and its our pocket books that are feelin it!

DriveTime Automotive Group Logo DriveTime Automotive Group