Dollarama / selling lighters

Canada, Manitoba, Winnipeg Review updated:
I went up to the register and started to pay for my stuff when my 5 year old daughter grabbed a lighter off the counter...

You tell me what is wrong with this picture. I tried to have lunch with my daughter the other day and wanted to take her and eat at Smitty's on the patio. They told me my daughter wans't 18 so I couldn't take her out there to eat. You go to any gas bar or safeway or anywhere that sells cigarettes and they have to sell them behind a closed door so children can't see them. Yet you can walk into dollarama and instead of trying to get your kid not to take any of the candy from the impulse section that just happens to be from the floor up four feet and instead of chocolate bars, , hum what color lighter you want. Everytime I ask them why they sell lighters where any child can grab them and they look at me funny and they never have an answer for me. My friend has three kids all under the age of 5 and she has the same problem with them grabbing at the only ting right beside the cash register and that is...LIGHTERS.

N  27th of Jul, 2009 by
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +4 Votes
um its your damn kids, your resposible to keep an eye on them. Do you think the employees like having your kids playing with everything they can reach. Have some respect.
D  8th of Nov, 2009 by
Any gas station or convenience store has them in the same place are you complaining to them too? You should be worried about about your kids stealing not what there stealing and you should be watching your kids. The reason lighters and other stuff like that is there so teens or kids cant steal it from the aisles. Because i know kids in my 8th grade class that buy and sell fireworks at school if they were in the aisles they would just steal them instead they do what i do and get a parent to buy them for them.
D  24th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Big deal, a dollar store selling cigarette lighters, how awful!!!
N  12th of Mar, 2011 by
Lighten up on the parent. Kids grab things. End of story. Its hard to watch three kids and keep them occupied, while reaching for your exact change, or typing your pin into the debit machine. Its true, the only thing at dollarama checkstand to grab at is their colorful lights. Most have safeties on them.
And ya cigarettes are kept behind the gas station glass cases because people are thieves, and its an easy item to pocket. Altho I have been asked on more than too many instances, when purchasing a lighter from 7eleven and domo to provide ID for just purchasing a LIGHTER. Wtf is that about?? I'm well over 18, and i am sure as hell not about to go and smoke the lighter. And hell, even if I wanted to, i suppose I could, considering I have a valid ID and all.
N  30th of Mar, 2011 by
I hear ya just was badly ripped off in domo in falconridge by a chic working there named emily, me first time my wife next two, It seems the need for proper work ethics is going out the window and most they hire let the power go to their heads .
N  22nd of Aug, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Instead of complaining about something that the average person would have no problem with, you should try keeping your children under control and teaching them some manners about not grabbing.
A  5th of Jan, 2013 by
I have a problem with dollarama they ripped me off by $10. They i purchase several items listed on the box as $1.25 but charged me for everything as $1.50. Those dumb clerk said it's not her fault and called her supervisor and the supervisor told me it's "my" fault. I didn't even leave the store yet and had turned around to let them know. They didn't apologize, they were rude, racist and unethical. They're out to steal your money. Don't you see, if they keep stealing .25cents here and another from there, it all adds up. And before you know it they're stealing thousands of dollars from innocent and hard working people. They have yet lost another customer as of today. I hope the worst karma upon the racist ###s who treat other people like ### and take total advantage of them.

Dollarama Logo Dollarama