Dollar Tree / rude manager

1 Walker, LA, United States

My 12 year old daughter and I were at Dollar Tree in Walker, Louisiana on Nov 14 at 6pm. I had 4 Christmas items that I wanted to exchange. The cashier said she didn't think she could do that but went and asked the manager for me anyway. When she returned and explained that she couldn't accept the items because it seasonal, I explained that we were not made aware that it was final sale when we checked out and I asked to speak to the manager about it. When the manager came out of the office, I told her we were not made aware that it was final sale when we checked out and I wanted to see if she would allow me to exchange the items for something else. She said that it was printed on the bottom of my receipt. But I explained that I didn't get the receipt until after I had checked out and then it would have been too late. She then said that she didn't check me out, so I asked if she tells people that it's final sale when they check out and she said no. So I'm not sure why she said that but she was getting really rude with her tone and answers and she said "you just want me to be lenient and give in!" I said you don't have to be rude about it and she said "you're the one being rude because you're still standing there after I already told you I'm not letting you exchange it". I said "wow" and left the store. Then I returned to the store after a few minutes to make amends. I walked in and said "I don't want there to be any hard feelings and I want to explain why I was trying to exchange the items. My daughter is in the beta club and they were making wreaths for the nursing home. I let her buy a crap load of items with the intention of exchanging what she didn't use." She immediately got rude again and said "you should have read the bottom of the receipt". I again said that I didn't get the receipt until after I checked out. She stormed off and I said "I basically came back to apologize to you". Then she said "I wish you wouldn't have!". As she was walking away I asked her for her name and she said "I don't know". So I turned to the nice cashier and asked her. She said it was Ms. Allison.
It's only $4, so I'm not concerned with the money but I thought you should be aware of this manager's rude behavior, if she even is a manager. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you [removed]

Bw