Dollar Tree / dollar tree store manager attacks my 3 year old son

2 Martell, CA, United States Review updated:

I had an experience the day before yesterday in martell california. My husband, myself, & 3 year old son went to the store to shop. we were shopping quietly, not bothering anyone. The store has several balloons all over the place, so my 3 year old son decided to hold one by the string, not harming it, just holding it, and he was with my husband at the time. A lady claiming to be the store manager by the name of TAMMY came over and grabbed my sons hand, yanked the a balloon out of his hand and told him he can't hold a balloon, he has to put it back! My husband started to react right away and told her she has no right to talk or touch our son. she continued to argue with my husband while i stood in complete shock. I urge everyone in the jackson, martell, sutter creek, California area not to shop at the martell dollar tree!

• Kevdawg's Response, Mar 21, 2018

fire this new store manager chris he doesn't deserve to be a manager he's not fit for it he's a piece of [censor]

• scrubhunter976's Response, Mar 29, 2018

Needs attention . Dirty restrooms

• jasmine harris's Response, Apr 03, 2018

yesterday me and my mom was at the dollar tree in hazel crest the cashier didnt say next person in line can step over my mom got into with a customer the cashier name is emari

• Sistatazz76's Response, May 05, 2018

She even continue yelling and threats to me after I left the store. She took all my products off the belt and move them to the side and let somebody else go before me

• mpwgolfer's Response, Aug 14, 2018

no shopping carts
    restrooms not available

• JChristie's Response, Oct 08, 2018

I frequent the store routinely. With hesitation, I'm writing about the unpleasant condition of the store. It is not clean and shopping carts are almost never available. When complaints are voiced at the store, no one shows an interest in caring.

Ki

Comments

25th of May, 2008

Remember, only you think your son is a superstar. To the rest of us he is just another kid. Watch your son more carefully, he obviously needs more supervision.

• Ki
      29th of May, 2008

I am a store manager for this company. We have many problems with parents not watching their own
    children. We have to clean up after these children we
    also have to damage our merchandice because they
    are not being watched and they tear open packages.
    We also have caught some of them stealing on camera.
    However I would never agree with what this manager
    did in this instance, there was nothing wrong with a
    young child holding a balloon.

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2018

@Bastillian I'm really confused at to why your stupid ass is still commenting on this.

• Di
      11th of Oct, 2008

I live in amador county, shop at the martell store, I feel the store manager used poor judgement in this case. I well continue shopping at this store but, hope this manager dosen't rip a balloon out of my hand, for I don't know what my reaction well be.????????????????????????????????

• Jm
      24th of Oct, 2018

@diana brown what if out of frustration the family made this up? what if they're one of those couples that let there little guy just run around and do what he wants when he wants?

25th of Oct, 2018

@jmach6677 I think most of the stories on here are not 100 percent accurate.

15th of Nov, 2008
    Best Best Advice +17 Votes

I work in this store and I know of this incident. This statement is completely false. Tammy did not rip the balloon out of the childs hand, she never even touched the child. He had let over 50 balloons out of the balloon corral and she caught one as he was letting it go and said "no no, they have to stay in here" . The father of the child reacted by screaming at Tammy and calling her an ### over and over throughout the store. They grabbed the child and dragged him out of the store while screaming obcenities at Tammy. Meanwhile the child was still trying to play with more balloons. There were several witnesses to the incident, including cameras. I hope all who read this takes their own experiences with our staff to form their own opinions on whether they want to shop here.

16th of Nov, 2008

Im sorry that you feel this way and that you will not shop at our store anymore. But i do work there and i know of what happened. Tammy is the sweetest person that works at that store and would NEVER harm a child. She was simply telling the child to stop letting all the balloons go. I talked to Tammy personally and she told me exactly what happened. The father of this child called Tammy and ### and was folowing her around the store being rude to her. Im sorry that whoever wrote this is too into themselves and their child to completely bash a whole store on the internet for a woman simply telling the child to stop. And I'm sorry that this child's father was disrespectful enough to yell at a woman.

• Al
      3rd of Sep, 2018

@An Anonymous dollar tree worke give me a break. you are bias. if she was mad at the man she should not have touched the kid. I'd sue the [censored] if it was me

12th of Oct, 2018

@allrliars IF the parents had been teaching their child manners she would not have to do so herself.

• Ju
      12th of Oct, 2018

@First Born Triplet Its not her place to do any of the sort not her child. Keeo yiur hands to yourself. I woukd of yelled to is someone lady i dont know touched my child. Keep your hands to yourself.

• He
      19th of Nov, 2008

Why is it disrespectful to yell at a woman? Many women deserve to be yelled at as well as men.

Henry Gondorff

1st of Apr, 2018

@Henry Gondorff Well said. As a woman myself I have to agree with you. You cannot hide behind gender to get away with things that are wrong. Some women call men cowards for arguing with them online. Well if you are going to dish verbal abuse be prepared to take it. Nothing wrong a man yelling at or telling off women who need to be told off.

1st of Oct, 2018

@Henry Gondorff A friend of mine was arguing online with some woman, and she called him a coward for stating his opinion because she disagreed with him. She is the true coward if she thinks it is okay to call him a coward for disagreeing with him. She needed to be told off. You want equal rights then be prepared to get yelled at when you were in the wrong. It was not like he was hitting her or something. Most likely she learned this behaviour from mother.

30th of Aug, 2009

Well Henry...in most countries, even the one's where you are allowed to beat your wife, it's still not ok to use bad language towards any person.

And this is another instance as to why it should be illegal to give out employee names. Apparently everyone knows who this employee is and she has a lot of supporters (yay!) but you posting her name shows how disrespectful you are Kim.

I have to believe that if this employee actually did this, you would have filed a police report just like everybody else. If you felt that she was such a threat to children that is. If the case were true she would then have to undergo screening and get a clrearance to work where she may encounter any children.

And, it sounds like your husband should have undergone this clearance process because anyone using profanity in front of a child would not have passed and for example, would never be allowed to adopt a child. I guess you are lucky the government has yet to pass out clearances to people who are allowed to breed.

• Ka
      2nd of Nov, 2010

Yeah, we have to keep an eye on the balloons so they don't get sucked up into the vents in the ceiling, its REALLY annoying, and I love how this lady had to try to justify her family by completely exaggerating the story so that she doesn't look like she's wrong, this is how innocent, caring people [like Tammy] get in trouble for just doing their jobs and people like that anger me to no end. If you're really going to take the time to complain make sure that its for something that the employees did wrong, not you, your obnoxious husband and your crazy balloon obsessed child!

25th of Jan, 2011

I have been in Dollar Tree many times, seems like a lot of people just come in and set the kids loose. dont care what they do, or what they mess up. I think this is one of those parents

• La
      29th of Jun, 2017

This is the common type of disregard most dollar tree customers show. Never seen so much merchandise damaged out due to careless parents. And somehow it will be the staffs fault. What happened to morals, if your kid let go 50 balloons you being a decent human should pay for them. Why should the store suck up the cost of your bad parenting.

9th of Jul, 2017

Dollar tree should have customer policy. Never leave your child unattended ...over the past system you should be allowed to say there is an unattended child on isle 4 . Your child will be waiting at front with our staff for your child's safety ...have dollar tree customers ever Flippen heard of kidnapping pedafiles, bad people, people that just want a kid. Lol I would never pick one from a dollar tree cause them is bad kids anyways. Just saying.

11th of Apr, 2018

Why come the manger tommy could not ask for the ballon back instead of yanking the ballon out of his hand? I was told as a child never to to touch anything in the store maybe thats the reasen why unless someone buying it.

8th of Aug, 2018

@Magic bean stalk wtf. there is no excuse for what she did. you make it sound like it's ok

8th of Aug, 2018

@Magic bean stalk also did she even ask if they were buying it because she reacted in a stupid manner- they may have been thinking of buying it. I guess we should all get our hands hit for touching anything in the store- according to you

• Re
      9th of Oct, 2018

@lynn86 No one hit this kids hand. She just took the balloon away, for crissakes! DO you know how to read?

I am betting that you are probably the OP, who made up another account, with another email, so you could post about your complaint, because you are so insecure about the lies you initially told, that you need someone on your side. Yawn...

• Ar
      28th of May, 2018

Your son should not be touching other people's things without permission. Discipline your son, correct him yourself and this won't be an issue.

8th of Aug, 2018

@Areterr wtf! so the [censored] store employee is ok to grab a child. NOT!!!if it was your child you'd think differently [censored]

8th of Aug, 2018

I would sue the [censored]. That is very illegal for what she did- at least here in ny it is and if it had been me and she did that to my daughter, she'd find herself on the floor after I knocked her head

• Ca
      24th of Sep, 2018

@lynn86 ...And then YOU would be in jail, and a foster family would be raising your child.

• Ju

@Call the Waaaambulance! Your all rude AF

12th of Oct, 2018

@JUSTICEmarie95 WHy are they as rude AF. They are just stating the truth. If the mother punched the cashier she would be charged and if she were the sole parent and had go go to jail for this the child would be in a foster home. We don't know the whole story here, and I could be wrong but I am sure the son did more than touch the balloon. Sure the cashier could have handled it in a different way but she did nothing illegal. Now knocking the cashier to the floor would be illegal.

• Es
    Dollar Tree - Employees talking about other employees
    Corpus Christi
    Texas

I was shopping today when I overheard two female employees (saw one name badge as I walked by. Laura) talking about another employee there. They were speaking in Spanish thinking no one would understand them . Well I'm fluent in Spanish and am applaud on their behavoir. Never had I heard grown women speak so ugly about another employee like that.

• Al
    Dollar Tree - Store was closed 9:40 instead of 10:00
    Brooklyn
    New York

The store located on 1701 Utica ave Brooklyn ny -11234 is closing 15 minuet prior closing time and when've I asked the guy who standing by the door he told me that the manager told him to lock the door

• Ry
    Dollar Tree - Assured sports tape 6 pack

I would like the customer servis contact information of this company bought the tape today an it will not stick ti anything i under stand its a cheap product i dont want money back would just like to make a complaint and review for company that is flat out robbery to sell a product that doesnt work at all

• Bo
    Dollar Tree - Nasty floors and shelves and bathrooms and food not in packaging
    Paintsville
    Kentucky

No flooring hard cement nasty stains and selling bread expired and green with fly's in it bathrooms are disgusting poop on soap Despenser and trash not took out meat on shelves instead of freezer I rather go to dollar family and the shelves poorly organized trash everywhere

• Te
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Dollar Tree - Opening store 30 minutes after posted opening time.
    Columbus
    Ohio

On Sunday July 15 the store hours posted was supposed to be 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. The store employees were waiting outside. This is ridiculous. At one point 15 customers were waiting. The Store is located at 3754 S. High St Columbus Ohio 43207. This is poor customer service.

• Jn
    Dollar Tree - Horrible Customer service
    Annapolis, MarylandAnnapolis

Rude people especially cashier
    Would not answer a simple question unless I got in the long line
    Racial overtone
    Store on Forest Drive annapolis Maryland

• Ca
      24th of Sep, 2018

@J Needham How was there a racist overtone?

It sounds like they were busy... They asked you to get in line... So What?

If you are not going to be detailed in the complaint, be prepared for people to call you out!