Dollar Treean associate

Today I went to dollar store in Battleground Washington to purchase 2 balloons. After paying I stood at the balloon area for 8 mins. The cashier that rang me up paged one time "associate to balloon counter." Then a few minutes later, she apologized and paged again. A few more minutes went by and this gal came storming up saying she do it this time but she's doing inventory. I told her the balloon numbers, she filled them without EVER saying one word to me. No apology, not a damn word. Even when she handed me the balloons not a "have a good day." Nothing, I go to that store because it's close, I spend a lot of money there each week. This is the first time I've seen this gal, and the last. I thought customer service is very important. Guess not! Her name is Star, I know nothing will happen. I will no longer be shopping at ANY of your dollar store locations any longer.

Tr
May 12, 2017

Comments

•   May 12, 2017

Why would you let one pms'ing employee stop you from shopping there?

•   May 12, 2017

@westworld PMS? Have you ever done an inventory for a business? Why couldn't the cashier do the balloon fills? There were probably only two employees there in the first place.

•   May 13, 2017

@Wine Is Good Having had the misfortune of working retail from ages 12 through 22, I've done more than my fair share of "inventories" for businesses of varying sizes, both as a team and later, when I was store manager, alone. I don't know why the cashier didn't fill the balloons, that's a question for store management. I do know the employee who was obviously offended at being pulled away from inventory (and perhaps with just cause) should not have allowed her frustrations to affect the customer, who plays no part in that store's workplace dynamics.

•   May 12, 2017

You need to get over your desperation for someone to talk to you. And get a job so you can experience an inventory.