Dollar General / unprofessional/rude

Wilmington, NC, United States Review updated:

I went to the dollar general because my daughter needed a quick and cheap pair off shoes. On the back wall signs were everywhere that said "all casual comfort shoes $5" my daughter picked out a pair and they rang up $10. I noticed this and told the cashier. I even took her to the back wall and showed her all the signs. She said she couldnt help me and that they were $10. I asked to speak to the manager on duty, and she screamed to the back really loud for a woman named julie. The manager slowly came to the front of the store while a line of people waited to check out. I told the manager what had happened and that the shoes were supossed to be $5. She said she was just the assistant manager and couldnt help me then turned her back and started checking out people on the other side. I asked for her to get the main manager and she said that the manager doesnt answer phone calls. I asked for her name and she said, "i'm not scared to give you my name" and wrote it very sloppy on a piece of paper so I had to asked her again so I could write it down my self. Very rude and this was total false advertising. This happened at the dollar general near the corner of shipyard and carolina beach rd. The cashiers name was monica hines and the asst managers name was julia lowe. Do not shop at this store!

Comments

• Lo
      24th of Oct, 2013

kimberling city, mo.dollar general. I was an all time shopper at this store until we got tired of going in there and then having to wait for the cashier to come in from outside where she was smoking and talking on her cell phone. She did yell from the door "BE THERE IN A MINUTE'. To me that was rude. This person is wears blue jeans to work which are dirty, and am sure not the uniform of the store. On other occasions we have herd her yell for a cashier to come wait on customers and she was standing right there.! She is also very very rude to other employees and to customers. How can dollar general expect to keep loyal customers when we have to deal with that!!! You HAVE LOST US AN SEVERAL FROM OUR SENIOR GROUP.UNTIL THIS FIXED. The name tag says Betty.