Dollar General / stealing from customers

1 Tupper Lake, New YorkTupper Lake, United States

Seems that this is happening a lot lately. Wont shop there again.

Rosie Crate-Clement
2 hrs · Tupper Lake, NY ·

Warning: Watch your receipts when shopping at DG in Tupper Lake
FB friends experience:
Just a heads up to anyone who shops at the dollar general in Tupper Lake, always say you want your receipt and then check it to make sure it matches what the cashier told you your total was. I was asked right away if I had wanted my receipt and I said no. I then got rang out. I was told my total was $74.43, I gave the cashier a $50, a $20, and a $10. I then was handed back $5.57. A comment was made by the cashier about the price of the rug I had bought. I then became suspicious and asked for my receipt. This person did not want to give it to me and I had to pretty much yank it out of their hand!! When I got outside I saw my actual total was $56.43 and my change should have been $23.57!!! This person intentionally told me a higher total and was probably [censor] their pants when I took my receipt!! I'm seriously disgusted 😫

Megan Paiement, Amanda Farnsworth and 9 others

View 2 more comments

Melody Altamuro-Trombley Wow thanks for the heads up!

Shawna Therese Do you know if this was reported?

Lisa Leeann Savard replied · 6 Replies · 1 hr

Renee Burnell Not sure what thats about but it seems like a policy they put in place (obviously not to steal from people, but to ask that question), my store asks me too and I always say yes its odd for a store like that to ask if you want your receipt.

Wow

Rosie Crate-Clement Yeah ask if you want your receipt before your even checked out, sounds fishy 🐟

Write a reply...

Jenalyn Savage Thank you for letting us know. I shop there all the time.
Manage

Like · Reply · 8m

Dave Mcmahon I have thought this on several occasions and asked for a receipt was told it was to late he has closed the transaction.
Manage