Dollar General / shopping carts outside vs in the store

1 Box Elder, South Dakota, United States Review updated:

I have been shopping the Dollar General Store in Box Elder, South Dakota for a short while and almost every time I go I have to go outside of the store to get a grocery basket because that is where they keep most of them.

If I lived in Texas or Florida, I could understand this practice, but I live in South Dakota where we get a lot of snow and ice and extreme cold temperatures, many times below zero.

I do not think I should have to go outside of the store to get a basket to begin with, but when they are full of snow and ice cold, this makes my shopping experience extremely uncomfortable.

• Updated by Serena C., Dec 29, 2017

The store posts hours of closing as 10PM and this is now the second time I have been to the store and it has closed early. The first time I was in the store when it was announced we are closing in a few minutes and I was shocked because it was over two hours before closing time. Another time I went to shop and the stores big sign out front was on and the store lights were on and it was before 8 oclock and when I got out of my car to go into the store the car next to me said I hate to tell you they are closed. This is completely unacceptable practice for a store to close hours earlier than they are supposed to. I went to leave and while I was pulling out of the parking lot two more cars turned into the lot. Unfortunately I ended up having to go to the Family Dollar store two miles further down the road and I think at this point I just may not bother with going back to Dollar General, because they obviously don't care that people go there when they should be open and then not even get to shop.

Se
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

• Fi
      30th of Dec, 2017

Well in their defense, as well as in the defense of every teenager that is two yours late for their curfew, they did not state what time zone they were closing at.

31st of Dec, 2017

And I did she bring your buggy back inside every time you’re done with it too right

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

@Magicbean I, and possibly many others, have no idea what you are saying. Especially with your grammar.

• Po
      31st of Dec, 2017

It's possible they are short-staffed and don't have the staff available to do this. You should let the store employees know next time you visit (or call the store directly).