Dollar General / overcharged/ lack of customer service

1 Calera, AL, United States

I sent my 17 yr old daughter in Dollar General so she could get an iPhone charger cable. She was sent with $12 cash. The only one that DG had for an iPhone at Calera, Al location was $7. My daughter went to the counter to check out. The product rang up for $14. My daughter told the cashier that was wrong and what she saw the price to be. The cashier states she can't do overrides on phone charger products, which I thought was an odd statement. My daughter insists, since it wasn't the only one on the peg and that was a higher price for DG for just a cable, no box or extras. The peg stated $7 iPhone cable and was the only option. The cashier tells my daughter, "you'll just have to choose a different one." My daughter reminds and shows her (the cashier) there's no other option, and the system must have a glitch. They both go back to the register and the cashier proceeds to deny my daughter relief of the overcharged item until my daughter says something yet again. The cashier finally says she can give a $2 discount. WTH?!? My daughter knew I was STILL waiting in the car for her to get to a doctor's appointment, so she paid. The cashier wasn't just rude, and shady, but a liar, and can't add. It rang up for $14 originally. She said she'd take off $2. I only sent my daughter in with $12 cash. So even with $2 off, it would be more than what I sent in with tax. But somehow, I got $1.10 in change from this insane transaction. Oh, and no receipt. I'm typing this as I'm in my doctor's office waiting room, BTW.

Ki