Dollar General / managers behavior

1 Kissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

7/16/18

I puchased items on 7/15/18 at 9:44am and returned in the evening about 4:30pm. As I began putting items away, I realize two items were missing. I called the store and informed cashier at the time of the two items that was left(1 gatorade, Advanced toothpaste). I don't have cashiers name but she stated she saw the items and will put my name on it. I spelled name for her and ask, do I need to ask for someone tomorrow 7/16 because I'm not able to come back today. She stated, no because my name will be on merchandise.

I entered store on 7/16/18 approx 10am to retrieve items and the cashier stated she doesn't see anything with my name on it. As she continue to look, the manager Ismael approached the counter and cashier informed him customers items are not here.
The manager's response was: "You can get the items, but just remember next time not to leave anything".
I was appalled by his response and speechless. He never asked my name, what were the items, when did I purchase, nor did he bother to look. I retrieved my items and left the store. People are going to leave items behind and not on purpose, things happen. That is not how you handle or speak to customers. I'm not asking for a refund or returns. I am requesting that he be addressed about the situation and take responsibility for his actions.

Wi
Jul 18, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      18th of Jul, 2018

given the many complaints on here seems management does what they want and have no accountability

18th of Jul, 2018

Oh god. Lol. We’re your feelings hurt? Get over it.

19th of Jul, 2018

The manager was being nice. Most managers wouldn't have let you done that because it adds to their shrink.