Dollar General / managers behavior
I puchased items on 7/15/18 at 9:44am and returned in the evening about 4:30pm. As I began putting items away, I realize two items were missing. I called the store and informed cashier at the time of the two items that was left(1 gatorade, Advanced toothpaste). I don't have cashiers name but she stated she saw the items and will put my name on it. I spelled name for her and ask, do I need to ask for someone tomorrow 7/16 because I'm not able to come back today. She stated, no because my name will be on merchandise.
I entered store on 7/16/18 approx 10am to retrieve items and the cashier stated she doesn't see anything with my name on it. As she continue to look, the manager Ismael approached the counter and cashier informed him customers items are not here.
The manager's response was: "You can get the items, but just remember next time not to leave anything".
I was appalled by his response and speechless. He never asked my name, what were the items, when did I purchase, nor did he bother to look. I retrieved my items and left the store. People are going to leave items behind and not on purpose, things happen. That is not how you handle or speak to customers. I'm not asking for a refund or returns. I am requesting that he be addressed about the situation and take responsibility for his actions.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - disrespectful managers/leads
- Dollar General - appearance of the inside and outside of the store. 
- Dollar General - my dm
- Dollar General - 4996 market, boardman ohio 44512 
- Dollar General - new gm is a convicted thief and drug felon