DMV / have gone too far with new regulations!!
I was a travelling nurse last year coming to Salem. I kept my CA driver's license and plates. Then I decided to stay but allowed my license to expire for some dumb reason. So, I hurried to the DMV to get things rectified, as my tags were going to expire at the end of June (08). They sent me packing because their new restrictions on what they can allow for proof of address just went into effect. I am a legitimate renter and have received mail to the address in question.They would no longer accept my rental agreement, most mail, no paycheck stubs. I had to produce some type of bill, or so I thought. So, A couple of weeks later, I finally get my truck bill statement in the mail (I pay online), as it was late in arriving, and went down the second time to get my license switched over...again denied. they wanted a utilitiy bill or credit card statement with my name and address on it. I have no credit cards anymore and all the utlities are in my roommate's name, as he was there before me. They say they are trying to eliminate identity theft. C'mon, DMV, you people are not even trying to help. I need a current ID to work! They have effectively marginalized me for one mistake and their new regulations are giving them an excuse to not help people like me. What do I do now? They want me to take my roommate with me to prove it. He won't go, but I will ask him. This is bad service.
More DMV Complaints & Reviews
- CA DMV - registration renewal 
- CA DMV - money stolen 
- CA DMV - dmv officer committing fraud 
- CA DMV - idiots 
- California DMV - repeated insurance verification
- California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] - beware! red bluff, ca. lost/unfiled cdl medical evaluation paperwork
- California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] - sacramento dmv system outage(s)
- California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] - service
- California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] - id card
- California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV] - bellflower location