Menu
Florida Department of Revenue
reviews & complaints

Florida Department of Revenue
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

163 complaints
17 resolved 146 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Florida Department of Revenue. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
11:12 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - Missing paymentss leins

I put property Leinr on all property he owned in his name by my first husband Johnny Ray davis do 4-1-60(266595864)deceasednow)that was done through dept of revenue and bay county Court house the property addresses were 3611 e 7th street panama city fl32401 3613 e 7th street PC fl 32401 702 Cindy Lee lane PC fl 32401 4526 transmitter road panama city fl 32404 (I heard his name was forged can verify he was in custody of dept corrections and no way he signed anything) a 10 acre parcel on silver lake road fountain fl 32438 my name at that time was Lisa Faye Custer now Lisa Faye Taylor ss=593183983 dob 51368 I would like this matter investigated and knowledge of where funds from the sale of property went and how a house located at 4526 transmitter road PC could be stolen from him while in the custody of florida doc and any fu do from sale sent to me at 12910 Tanglewood road fountain florida 32438

Desired outcome: Proceeds from sale sent to me for arrears owed to me and children and the home on transmitter road returned ownership to children since fraud involved or amount in monetary value reimbursed please research this matter in depth for truth

8:05 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - Inability to reach the Florida Department of Children and Families

The Florida Department of Children and Families ACCESS toll-free number is practically useless. There is no contact or email address on the website to assist you if you have a problem other than the listed ones. You can not reach a live person at all on the 800 number. I called many days and the times I was instructed to. This is to recertify my food stamps. Nothing has changed with me and there is nothing else to produce for them. No one answers the phone and the person's number in the voicemail box is full.

Desired outcome: Answer the phone or find another way to respond to me, I'm upholding my end but I get no response.

N
11:33 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Florida Department of Revenue - Not receiving payments but, fathers DL reinstated

Case Number: 2001559438Depository Number: 04190000485DR

I (Deborah Nicole Harley)

have filed a motion for contempt, I then filed an objection to the fathers motion to contest his DL suspension, the area director Sonya Gannon reinstated the father who pays NO supports DL with no type of job in place: I cannot add any more detail b/c the website is stating I went over the allowable characters, I have deleted over half of the my statement My email is: [email protected], my cell is 352-235-1835

Desired outcome: Pay daycare $1,300.DLsuspended & any other type of hunting/fishing/ passports suspended. IF he cannot pay,a writ issued.

H
3:49 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - Unauthorized charges and overpayments

Since 2007 I have been arrested ,extorted , harassed threatened with credit sabotage to never be allowed to get a place to stay or car is what was told, also its against fair debt collector practice act for any collector company contacting any person job three years they forced me into financial debt by telling my job pay or I go to jail or have my passport suspended, that's extortion. Tampa child support office on MLK has ignored the cease and desist color of law form I had delivered, during my Oct 2018 modification court date it was bought to the courts attention that I a disabled person was over paying for 40 months $8,720×3 cases equivalent to $27,000 plus every other month after

Desired outcome: Return of all payments from my ESTATE since the Levi proof insurance payments started in 2015

9:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Case#1313810321 Depository# 29090018827DR Carlos Davila 10522 Alcon Blue Dr Riverview,Fl 33578 8133400235 So I'm 2015 there was parental rights established for me and a new amount in child support that would be paid. I worked at my places of employment for almost 10 years and the Department of Revenue asked my company to withhold $137 every 2 week...

K
10:13 am

Florida Department of Revenue - Child support services program

It is impossible to reach anyone at Child Support Services via the phone number they provide. The Chat services is useless.

Emailing through the Portal is somewhat effective. However, the responses are generic and lack any type of resolution or call back when requested.

Contacting the Child Support Program phone number 850-717-7000 is equally as useless.

What am I attempting to fix?

Child Support payments are deducted from my pay, sent to the local Repository, recorded with the Disbursement Unit & with Child Support Services.

Child Support Services are supposed to update the Record from the Local Repository. They say that the Records match, but the Records do NOT match. There is NO accountability and my requests continue to fall on deaf ears and into a Blackhole. Additional garnishments occur without due process.

Desired outcome: Force Child Support Services Program to update the Record from the local Repository.

4:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Wednesday, January 5 I called the toll-free number about ten times, but could never get through. I kept getting a automated message that all representatives are busy, and to try back later. So, on Thursday, January 6 I again called the toll-free number another nine to ten times. Eventually I gave up, because I had to go to work; so, I had to call back...

K
5:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Kimberly: Powell 1305 East Ellicott Street near Tampa, without Florida [33603] Florida Public Service Commission 2540 Shumard Oak Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32399-0850, Notice of Bill Dispute RE: Water acct#2309878; Greetings NAME Chairman, I Am called First; a non-citizen, non-resident, non-legal entity, (here in after Affirmant) and; come in peace as a...

E
11:26 am

Florida Department of Revenue - Sales tax registration

I have a small online business and wish to collect sales tax for Florida. After spending about 6 hours during several days I have not received any help whatsoever. I thought something so simple as completing an application to collect sales tax would be quick and easy. I was totally disappointed with the State having a department that is so inefficient and problematic. The form itself (15 pages) is ridiculous. I'm sure many people give up on collecting taxes and forget about it. Big loss for Florida.

I finally found a link so I could file DR-1 (application to collect sales tax) but when I clicked on the link it said the site did not exist. Totally inappropriate and unmaintained apparently.
I've called early thinking I would get some help but I receive continuous messages stating you are the 5th caller then after 30 minutes or so it goes to you are the 3rd caller then after 5 minutes it returns to "you are the 5th caller". I'm sure that is just a tactic to push aside any callers and finally discourage them because the phone will ultimately not be answered.

Most governments are very inefficient but most of Florida's departments are much better than most other states. The Department of Revenue is an exception. It needs a total overhaul by putting people in charge of the dept who can create efficiency. It's not brain surgery.
EM

Desired outcome: Get new people in charge. Terminate or reassign the ones in charge now.

A
11:01 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I initiated a child support case in July 2021. Firstly, there is an issue with communication to and from this unit. For example, applicants are encouraged to utilize the eServices account but there are never any updates. We are also encouraged to utilize the chat feature but there is always a message saying "agents are busy." Further, it is impossible to...

1:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am the custodial parent. Case Number: 2000624462. I have had this order in place for around 8 years now, and the non-custodial parent has never been in full compliance. It was originally set in place through the state of Michigan, but was transferred to Florida after we moved here. Michigan was going after him for enforcement, and was even able to collect...

11:08 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - Child support enforcement

Name:STARLYNE SCHMITT
CASE NO 2008-DR-100461
CSE NO 1178669891
I am noncustodial/respondent parent mother. Lake County, Florida Child Support Court Order's show that I Do Not owe arrears balance :Jan 12, 21, Nov 2, 20, Feb 27, 20, Sept 12, 19, Apr25, 19, Nov 17, 15
I paid $20, 000.+ cs oblig. w/receipt proof.My son emancipated last year -dec. 29, 2020

Desired outcome: Mark me paid in full & Stop suspending my DL Tell fiscal department not to collect my IRS refunds

7:46 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Department of revenue child support program was ordered by 13th circuit Court to the immediate closing of the case and immediately release of funds. In over a week the Department of revenue has failed to close the case and has failed to immediately release the funds as the court order stated. Court order was dated October 27th 2021 to close the case...

D
10:44 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been receiving food stamps through the Florida Department of children and families since October 2020. Approximately 2 to 3 weeks before my renewal date I filled out all the forms online to be sure that they were taken care of. The next message I get from the department states that my food stamps have been stopped because I did not do an interview. I...

D
4:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 10/15/2021 I called to speak to a customer service representative to report the death of my spouse, he passed on 09/18/2021. I had already previously, on 10/1/21, contacted them through the e-mail service and was instructed to fax in the required documents which I did, in order for his case to be closed. Due to me not receiving a reply, I was calling on...

3:52 am

Florida Department of Revenue - Child support

FDR SAO refuse to obtain a hearing to calculate child support on a Miami area City Manager. The child is being failed due to noncompliance and refusal to adjudicate the support modification of a Miami Dade area City Manager. The office closed the case November stating that financial documents was not submitted. The party info is
Incorrect as the CP is listed as the support payor and the NCP is listed as the support receiver. COVID-19 should no longer be utilized as an excuse to not calculate the NCPs support as the NCP has not had physical care or control over the minor child since before taking the position of City Manager of Opa Locka. The SAO is not representing the child as they repeatedly have denied that the case is active and refuse to calculate support. This case has been ongoing since November 6, 2019 as a URESA case.

Desired outcome: Correct the paperwork and Complete the modification and enforce proper support

T
11:40 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Florida Department of Revenue - Child support being held from me for 6 months now

My name is Tiffany Towers - Weese, birthdate 6/5/1986, Address is: 2065 Rayben Dr. Jacksonville, FL 32246. I have not received a payment since February 17th, 2021. Please release my payments that I am entitled to. There have been NO CHANGES in the child support case or the time sharing case in the duval fourth judicial court. Please release my payments. This has been going on for 6 months now, I need my payments or my next steps will be taking my complaint to the mayor and the governor of Florida. I am entitled to these payments and need them now more than ever due to my current situation. I am in the hospital recovering from surgery and need to pay for child care during this process. Please release my payments.

Desired outcome: My payments be released and payed to me immediately

A
7:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did a recertification for my food stamps and got a notice that I was being sanctioned for not complying with child support. I contacted child support and was told after verifying my address that some forms was sent to me to fill out and because I didn't send them in is why child support placed a sanction on me. I asked how this happened when I have not...

2:00 pm

Florida Department of Revenue - Katheen and Jerry Isch of 12760 Indian Rocks Road Apt 808

These owners of apartment 808 of the New Atlantis Club have for years been renting their condo and I believe do not pay the short term bed tax. This year I know for a fact that they rented it to renters from January 2021 until March 2012 to short term renters. Please see that they pay their tax. They think that if they say that the people that stay there are relatives they do not have to pay local taxes. I know different. Please have them pay taxes.

Desired outcome: Have Katheen and Jerry ISCH told that tax evasion is against the law and have them pay their tax

8:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The child suppoprt/DOR in Florida is stealing alot of money from people. They do this via "Intercepts". They claim they are intercepting for a debt, but then they don't apply the intercept to the debt. Its all a Scam! When you ask them about it they tell you we returned that intercept to the US treasury. IF you call the Treasury they claim thats not the...

Florida Department of Revenue contacts