DishTV.in / Dish TV - Useless service!

India Review updated:

I am having Dish TV connection under VC No. [protected] since Oct'05. The same was renewed in Oct'06. Due to faulty payment options by Dish TV through Net Payment I paid the subscription twice. However the company kept quite for 8 months and on my complaint refunded it without any interest or apology.

In Nov'07 I again renewed the subscription for 1 quarter by making payment through net. The company failed to activate the network inspite of payment. On my complaint the company informed that the dish-welcome package costing Rs.162/- p.m. will be activated. However till date nothing has been done. The company's executives on the Toll free no will just register the complaint and give the complaint No. On further complaining the Company will ask you to contact the local dealer Mr. Agarwal. Better not to speak of the local dealer.

My appeal to all public is not to go for Dish-TV because they are interested only in attracting consumers with the help of brand ambassador Shahrukh Khan without offering any services.

Mgvaidya.

Comments

Di
  21st of Nov, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Dear Mr. Vaidya,

We thank you for writing your valuable feedback on our services. To ensure an action immediately on this issue we appreciate if you wold be able to provide us your Contact No., as you have already mentioned your VC No here. Please provide us complaaint number (if any). We will check this at our end and get back to ASAP.

Thanks,
dishtvhelpdesk
Email id: dishtvhelpdesk@dishtv.in
website: www.dishtvindia.in
Contact No: 1860-180-3474 , 0120-4443474
De
  11th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree with the comments of Mr. Mgvaidya. I am a dish TV user since 2006. In Apr 2008 i shifted to Delhi, since then I am not able to use my Dist TV connection properly even though I am recharging it every month without any delay. When ever i contacted Dish TV they suggest me to contact local dealer. The local Dealer send someone to correct the problem, some time it works for few days after that i face the same problem.

Basically I have 3 problems:

1. Alignment of dish is not correct (as per my understanding)
2. The set top box takes 30 mints to get up (cust care says its a s/w upgradation prob.- while local dealer says its power supply problem and would charge 400/- rs)
3. I am using the full channel pack for my dish TV - even though there are no of channels which are not included into it. They can be taken separately by paying 15Rs per channels. Then what is the meaning for full package.

My contact no is 98183 11777 - Deepak, if someone from dish TV have time to contact me for the problems.
Ja
  6th of Feb, 2009
Hi, I am a customer service trainer and have read Mr. Vaidya's concern & troubles, BUT what's interesting is that his complaint looks very genuine after reading the resolution provided by helpdesk.
Look:
VC No. 01500522302 since Oct'05... renewed in Oct'06. after 8 months refund is made...
In Nov'07 again renewed...for 1 quarter...activate not done...he is expecting dish-welcome...Rs.162/- p.m, that he knows...till date nothing has been done...So we know it's not working...has already logged complaint...His dealer is Mr. Agarwal...
Now:
His VC will give his address... he has called so many times, hence they would have captured his valid contact no by now...Complaint no. would be tagged with his VC...accounts needs to be corrected as per the complaint dates...concern we know...
Then:
Why are we still asking for contact no and complaint no and further delaying service to him.
First:
We need to remotely start his service...if not possible...immediately send engineers and get his service going, apologize...compensate with goodies...and assure good services.
Then:
Follow up his call recordings and update agents, set up better bucketing & service procedures, take corrective actions...ensure this doesn't repeat itself...AND YOU ARE BACK IN BUSINESS.
Friends:
Customer service and complaint resolution is an art, and you have to take ownership & walk the extra mile to fetch delight for your customers who are your business partners as well.
THIS IS ABOVE ANY S.L.A. IN THIS INDUSTRY.
Thanks & God bless.
De
  25th of Feb, 2009
Now a new problem, the dish TV website it totally dead. I used to make payment for recharge online through net banking or credit card. This time I am trying to make payment since last 15 days to dish TV every time it shows "this page cann't be displayed". I am trying to make payment at least 50-60 times since last 15-16 days from home/office/through my friends but this page cann't... Now they have deactivated my connection because of non-payment. While writing to them they say apology we have temporary problem with the web site - interested thing is the web site is used by all over India and also for making payment to dish TV. Either they have illiterate or no idea about the dissatisfaction of customer or revenue loss. Deepak -98183 11777

DishTV India Logo DishTV India