Dishtv India Ltd / pathetic customer service!

1 India Review updated:

DishTV Network in India started with a lot of promise it was a undeniable success to a large extended for the following reasons:

1. Monopoly-No other Network was available other than the local cable network.
2. Lesser Investment Required- If you wanted to have a full fledged viewing, you needed at least a minimum of 4 dishes where investment cost was higher.
3. Huge demand in the Middle East Countries- There a huge demand of DishTV Boxes for Indian Expats in the middle east countries for the STB as NSS 6 signals are received here.

Even through the people have supported the DishTV in their endeavor, looking into the totality of the customer have been taken for a ride. When looking from outside it has been a house in disorder with a weak top brass so to say. Very poor customer care policies, keeping at arms length all its customers. May be they still think that they are running an old steam engine.

Major Drawbacks of DishTV India Network:

1. Pathetic Customer Service: I. Never responds to any query on the email even if you have logged in as a customer.
II. If you are lucky to get a email reply, don’t be surprised if it comes after a week.
III. Centralized operations sitting in Nodia and the poor quality of Customer Service Staff.
IV. Gets calls from only Hindi speaking Customer Care Executives when you not comfortable speaking in Hindi as it is not your mother tongue.
V. Online Credit Card Payment system never works.
VI. Transparency of you changing your viewing package not available.
VII. Major Drawbacks in the June 06’ Maxi Malayalam Package and Dec 06’ Maxi Package which cost you mush lesser with more of Hindi channels added.
VIII. No response to any account details and poor tracking to resolve issue.
IX. If you have Ordered 1 DISH TV MOD (Movie On Demand) you may be surprised to see that you would have been charged for 4 movies. You would know that only if you have viewed your statements online.
X. Most important thing is that, if a customer finds that his grievances are not resolved, they must give alternate contact details, so that the issue goes to the next level and is addressed there.

If you look into an over all picture, DISH TV India services has been very bad in terms of customer Care and this is not the view expressed by me but most of the Dish TV Customer whom I know. It is now high time that they come off age and pull up their sock under a New Dynamic CEO of ZEE Network or Tata SKY is going to score over you.

Comments

12th of Jan, 2010

Hi,

I am facing a very peculiar issue in case of Dish TV, STAR Plus channel is not visible during day time but during night the channel is visible. I contacted the customer care and they have replied that their is an alignment problem at my end and they would charge Rs 150 + ST to rectify the problem. Their is no pmroblem hwithy any other channel.

Dish TV has got a pathetic customer care, can anyone please help and let me know where can I register a complain against DIsh TV.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sanjog

16th of Jan, 2010

100% truth all above comments about dishtv

• Sh
      13th of Mar, 2010

Dist TV customer care & service is pathatic, people this one of most worst service provider.
    This is my humble request from all the people who is looking for dish tv connection please don't go for that otherwise you will also sufffer like us.

• Na
      20th of Nov, 2010

HI ALL
    NEVER FALL IN TO THE TRAP OF DISHTV. IT WILL SIMPLY RUIN YOU IN TERMS OF PHISYCALY, MENTALY AND FINANCIALY.

• Qu
      7th of Apr, 2011

DISH TV is BS company and their MD and CEO should be ashamed of their service. I would NEVER recoomend any one to subscribe to this TV service. I had this in Chennai 2 years ago and I disconnected it. Now in Pune unfortunately, got stuck because of a purchase of Samsung TV. Horrible service. They take the money promptly, but will not provide service that it is promised. They really do NOT care about what they offer. If you want hassel free service go to TATASKY> So far, I never complained about their service. Unfortunately, they won't offer many HD channels yet, but with Dish TV half of the channels disappear on a daily basis. Witha Platinum package, I am not getting at least 90 channels, half of the HDs and 2 channels from each SOuth packs. Terrible people and terrible service. If I come across any of their management, I would tell them where to stick their Dish

• Dr
      20th of Apr, 2011

Awful customer and after sales service, As an existing customer I am fed up with the apathy that is meted out to customers.Their only point of contact is the Call center in Delhi, which speaks predominantly Hindi, they have no escalation matrix so one can speak to anyone senior in the company to get a resolution to any problem.

They have outsourced the entire operations to external vendors and franchises who are absolutely in efficient and rude, and trying to find a solution to any problem with them is like dealing with a government organisation where the attitude is "whose father what goes".

I am just waiting for my subscription to expire and I am going to shift over to another provider.

The equipment is theirs, the set-top box and the antenna, then when the same fails its their duty to replace the same free of cost which they don't do, but charge for the same, if one draws a parallel with any other service provider if their equipment is faulty they replace if free of cost, but not Dish-TV.

Don't go by the Ad campaign "Wish Karo Dish Karo"...it should be "DISH KARO BHOOL KARO".

To sum it up ...DONT EVER GO FOR DISH TV...its the worst

• Ni
      30th of May, 2011

How would cust care Care Executive will satisfy the customer while their Teamleaders Puts Pressure to finish the customer's call with in short time and it is true that they are not providing better employee satisfaction that is why there as lossing their good customers and customer care executive both and now the result is in front of every body.

• Ar
      15th of Jul, 2011

i am 500% agree with you. DishTv india is just cheating the poor indians nothing else. Even dealer are also not satisfied with thier service.

• Ji
      13th of Aug, 2011

I am also a subscriber, and work in Aghanistan. I wait now for 3 weeks after i paid for six months for them to recharge my account. Dish tv India SUCKS. i wish aother company can come forward with better service.
    Regards
    Jimmy Butler

• Ta
      12th of Nov, 2012

Yes, service from Dish TV India is very pure specially the customer care from DishTV is a horrible.

but we do not know how can we escalate this issue to some one, who can help us is getting queries resolved? Can consumer court will be a good option.

Ill applied the connection in 2 nd nov my ticket number is 2333106 customer care guys are says its take 72 to 120 hours but its all most passed 10 day maximum time i call to customer care but no one can response proper . after several call then they installed the connection but connection is not activated my vc card no - 01517860812 .

Dishtv ceo and nodel officer are not repplied the mail and they havent resolve the problem of customer .

its very pathetic condition of this company no one are responsible the same they all are busy in distillation .

• Tu
    dishtv.in

sir,
    we are wrongly recharged the dishtv that vc no.01504509398.currently
    we are using vc no.01516817076.kindly requesting sir...to take action
    as early as possible, to money transfer given below vc no.

CORRECT VC NO.01516817076
    TRANS id:D25435726313.
    STB NO.1251ACB20WJ19102
    VERIFY NO.00943752201

email [protected]@gmail.com

CELL NO.8500101399, 9441569019

• Sn
      31st of May, 2013

I am a subscriber of dish, having v c number 01505233735. Recently I upgraded my pack to HD Pack (corporate plan). But sorry to say sir, that since I took the new pack, I never get all pack feature and most of channels are disturbed due to poor signal (dish also has been changed). In spite of repeated phone call to your local representative Mr Arvind ( Mobile: 9759933674), he never take the notice. This way I am deprived of services, I am paying for. If situations run this way, I will be forced to surrender your services. So, you are kindly requested to look into the matter at earliest.
    ...above is the transcript i emailed to dish tv customer care. I got no positive response from this 24*7 customer care. Friends i commited the mistake of going with this service provider despite the availability of many more service providers...my feed back to you is that if you in thought process of taking connection...big no to dish tv...pathetic...very disgusting & irritating service.

• Pr
      22nd of Mar, 2014

Dear Sir i instol a Dish tv last 15 day ut I m not Waching. my VC no is 01504838979. plz Start &

• Ro
      12th of Jul, 2014

Dish TV has one of the most pathetic customer care center. Oxford can replace pathetic word with Dish TV in thier dictionary.

14th of Jul, 2014

Dear Rocky Ten,

Thanks for voicing your concern. Please be assured that we working on your problem and we will get in touch with you at the earliest. For any further clarifications, please write to us at [protected]@dishtv.in.

• Bh
      27th of Oct, 2014

The HD channels, the Dishtv. had contracted to view to my account bearing VC No. 01514593355, is not providing since 23.10.2014 without any information for which I am mentally suffering.
    Request for quick and early redressal.

28th of Oct, 2014

Dear Bharat,

28th of Oct, 2014

Dear Bharat Patnaik,

• Ra
      19th of Nov, 2014

Dear sir,
    I adari Ramachandrarao having dish tv connection since 6 years.i am facing problem with no signal since 1 month.my viewing card number 01505964135. So please rectify this probleme by sending your technician.my your technician.my contact details are 9912199294
    Regards