Dish Network / overcharged!
I agreed to a 18 month contract with Dish Network in February 2007. On the day that the technicians came to set up my service, when they were done, they weren't even out of my drive way and I called customer service to find out how to put my parental locks on. While the technicians were STILL in my driveway, there was already to adult PPV movies charged to my account. Since that day in February 2007 until March 2008, because I could not afford to cancel my contract, I was charged, without ordering 38 adult PPV movies. The last straw was in March of this, I was charged $152.79 for these movies.
I have every lock and block that can be done on this box. My husband, who is disabled, can't even erase a saved television program, because he doesn't have the code. My children, 10 year old twins, can't even watch some cartoons because of the parental blocks. (One account specialist even accused my 10 year old children of watching these movies.) We were even at my mother-in-laws funeral, out-of-state, and they were charged to my account (and no one was at my house)! I even had our credit limit, several times, put on $0.00 by Account Specialist so this would not happen. But I think the best part is, since last summer, my box has not been plugged in to the phone line and according to the Dish Network Account Specialist, thats how these movies were ordered. (Your DVR box has to be plugged in to a phone line to order movies through the remote!)
Today, April 25, 2008, I called to cancel my contract and the Account Specialist told me that she 'could' take $100.00 off of the $152.79 if I would stay with them. I told her that I would if they credited the whole $152.79 and she flat told me 'no'. Little did she know I really would not have stayed, but why should I or anyone else have to pay even one dollar for something that they did not rent.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - $762.56 satellite service I paid for and didn't receive
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Cancellation
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite
- Dish Network / Dish.com - company and employees failure to do their job correctly
- Dish Network / Dish.com - account