Dish Network / overcharged!

1 9601 South Meridian BlvdLittleton, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-723-1000

I agreed to a 18 month contract with Dish Network in February 2007. On the day that the technicians came to set up my service, when they were done, they weren't even out of my drive way and I called customer service to find out how to put my parental locks on. While the technicians were STILL in my driveway, there was already to adult PPV movies charged to my account. Since that day in February 2007 until March 2008, because I could not afford to cancel my contract, I was charged, without ordering 38 adult PPV movies. The last straw was in March of this, I was charged $152.79 for these movies.

I have every lock and block that can be done on this box. My husband, who is disabled, can't even erase a saved television program, because he doesn't have the code. My children, 10 year old twins, can't even watch some cartoons because of the parental blocks. (One account specialist even accused my 10 year old children of watching these movies.) We were even at my mother-in-laws funeral, out-of-state, and they were charged to my account (and no one was at my house)! I even had our credit limit, several times, put on $0.00 by Account Specialist so this would not happen. But I think the best part is, since last summer, my box has not been plugged in to the phone line and according to the Dish Network Account Specialist, thats how these movies were ordered. (Your DVR box has to be plugged in to a phone line to order movies through the remote!)

Today, April 25, 2008, I called to cancel my contract and the Account Specialist told me that she 'could' take $100.00 off of the $152.79 if I would stay with them. I told her that I would if they credited the whole $152.79 and she flat told me 'no'. Little did she know I really would not have stayed, but why should I or anyone else have to pay even one dollar for something that they did not rent.

Va

Comments

• Va
      19th of Feb, 2008

Dish charged $500 to our credit card after we spent two and a half months trying to get those 'curtesy' boxes to send back equipment. That's right, Rebecca (8HU) said that the boxes were a curtesy. She said 'they' had been sent twice to our P.O. Box and thus were sent back. I tried on several occasions to tell her that I had told 6 of Dish's representatives my street address in the last two months, and that boxes had never arrived. She repeated that they were a curtesy. I told her that I had been charged $500 and finance fees (!) because of her actions.

Again she said that the boxes were a curtesy. I told her that our service had been terrible. That mistakes had been made on our bill month after month, that we had moved in December, and now in February would like to send back the receivers they mail us instead of remotes (which had stopped working), that the curtesy was their mistake in having sent us receivers in the first place.

They, each of the representatives, except for Brian, were rude and two of them simply hung up on me. When I asked for a manager I was given Rebecca, twice. One of them was in the 'Executive' area, she hung up on me.

Each time I have tried to explain that I am returning receivers that they sent me by mistake I am told it's a curtesy. No one listens, no one cares, but they will charge your credit card. They charged ours, and the finance fee, as Rebecca believes, is my problem. Dish has a problem now. I will tell this story any opportunity I get, and I will tell it loudly.

Dish knows nothing about customer service, they just want your money, anyway they can get it.