Dish Network / Dish.com / $762.56 satellite service I paid for and didn't receive

1 Englewood, CO, United States Review updated:

I have been a loyal CenturyLink customer for 19 years and bundled internet, DISH satellite and phone. In 1/2018 I bought a new TV and was told I needed update my DISH modem. I called Centurylink to do this and instead of sending me to DISH I was sent to some fast and smooth talking DirectTV salespeople who assured me I would save money by going with DirectTV so I did and the DISH was disconnected and DISH was contacted. I just realized today I have paid $742 to DISH since 1/20/18 without getting DISH service I paid for. I called Centurylink and they said I would need to discuss with DISH. Your DISH representative Devon was very rude and unprofessional in his interaction with me and said it was Centurylink's issue - your Centurylink or Direct TV should have taken care of it and I never should never have been sent to Direct TV when I asked for DISH and DISH wouldn't help I needed to talk to call Centurylink back. I did and talked to a manager Leslie. She said she would call DISH with me and we did and then Leslie and the DISH representative said on conference call it's just too bad for me and I shouldn't have paid it if I wasn't getting the service. I'm contesting this and considering legal consultation. This all seems like a scam, I've paid $750 and received no services and you all and Centurylink keep passing the buck back and forth and seem to have bad blood between the two companies. You all know there is no way to prove DISH was called 1/20/18 and discontinued at this point. I've already reported this to the BBB.

Kd
Aug 17, 2018

Comments

28th of Aug, 2018

If you didn’t call and cancel dish yourself, you’re responsible for the charges. Since you paid them and it exceeded 30 days, you’re also still responsible for the charges. Dish is not at fault at all here. If there was a company to blame, CL would be it, however legally they are not in the wrong, they are the ones that deceived you, not Dish nor DTV. Dish had no idea you weren’t watching until you told them.