Dish Network / dish network tricked me

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I responded to an ad for a Dish Network package at the rate of $42.99 + $5.00 for local channels. When the installer was finished with the 6 hour installation, he asked me for a phone line to plug into the box. I explained that I did not have a land line phone ( I use my cell phone only). He then told me that it was going to cost an extra $5.00 per receiver. When I called Dish Network I was informed that my monthly charges were $75.00. Turns out they are charging additional fees no phone lines, having dvr revievers and even more because my particular dvrs record more than 100 hours. I wasn't told about any of this. They claim that it was all in the agreement that I signed, however, they did not leave me a copy so I have no way of knowing. If it was there, it was in very small print. I had Dish Network installed just 48 hrs ago and they have no interest in helping me. The account specialist I spoke with laughed at me, told me to make sure I bring a copy of the agreement with me when I go to court to file my suit and then flatly refused to allow me to speak with a Supervisor. If you are thinking of doing business with any satellite company, BEWARE!!! There is no cancellation period. These guys have no obligation to make me happy at all!!!!

Comments

• Ta
      7th of Jun, 2010

i had sent my bill late, and i had called to let them know, that it would b late, i was told to call on sat.the 5th and ask for an extension, i did that and then today (6-7-10) my service has been terminated.this is not fare on my part.i was told to call in on sat, to prevent this from happening, so i did, and i am still with out tv servicewat do u intend to do about it?

• Ra
      21st of Dec, 2010

David,
    My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I saw your post. As a new customer, you get $15.00 credit off your programming for the first year. If you have HBO/Showtime, you will also get $24.00 credit for 3 months. Also, we no longer have the $5.00 charge for not having a phone line connected to your receiver. It is possible when you spoke with the customer service rep, he or she did not quote you the credits that should be applied to your account. Depending on the number of receivers installed, there is additional monthly charges for any additional receivers. I would call back and have the customer service rep give you a break down of the monthly charges with the credits. If you need more information on this matter you can contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

Ray Calo