Dish Network / just try leaving them

I never had any problems with Dish Network until I decided to leave their service and switch to a bundle package from my local cable provider that gave me broadband, telephone and cable tv service for one price on one bill. When I called to cancel my service (I had no contract with Dish Network so I was free to cancel at any time) the representative insisted that I stay a Dish customer for another 30 days while I tried out the cable service and then call them back to cancel. I ended up loving my new service and when I called to cancel the Dish service I was on the line over a half hour listening to sales pitches and listening to their customer service rep tell me how much I would hate cable service. After I finally got the rep to agree to cancel my account I hung up the phone and then the phone calls from Dish Network started coming. They call EVERY DAY as many as twenty times a day and as many as FIVE TIMES IN ONE HOUR begging me to come back to Dish Network. I wouldn't believe a company the size of Dish Network would act this way but just google "dish network telemarketing" or the number [protected] and you will see what I mean. This is their standard method of operation. They have harassed me to the point that I am considering having my number changed. I have asked them not to call, I am on their "no call" list and I am on the national no call list but STILL THEY CALL. This seems to be happening to everyone who leaves Dish Network. It is unbelievable. Stay away from them.

Comments

• Su
      7th of Dec, 2007

DISH has been terrible to me... I am not looking forward to canceling, which I'm about ready to do. I have a suggestion which may help with their incessant calling... if you have a computer and it allows you to manually select "answer this as a fax call", you can do that. Then their equipment thinks your number is a fax number. This worked for me with another company which harassed me constantly (I never had even been a customer, and was on the national do not call list). I answered it, they got the fax tone, and they never called again!

• De
      9th of Feb, 2008

I am having the same problem with Dishnetwork. I left them and am now being harassed by constant phone calls. I called them and told them if they don't stop calling I am contacting a lawyer and filing a suit for harassment. Getting 5 calls in 4 hours every day. I will sue if they don't stop. I left them because I needed hight speed internet and also because they called constantly when you are a customer also.

I am also on the "no call list" and also called them and put myself on their list and nothing helps.

If they do not stop I will contact the BBB, attorney general of Pa, and also my lawyer.