Dish Network / can't get a refund
On 8/17/08 I ordered dish network. I had directv but dish network looked like a better deal. It was scheduled to be installed 8/22/08 between 8 & 12. I had scheduled to disconnect directv that day and it was disconnected. When dish network didn't show up, I called them and they told me that since I had had dish network back in 2001 and had switched to directv, their computer system confused the customer number that I had back then and automatically deleted my installation order. After being on the phone for 45 minutes they told me they couldn't install dish network for 2 weeks. I had company coming that day and could not wait 2 weeks for them to install it. I told them to foget it and I called directv to reconnect me. Dish network told me that since it was their fault, they would refund the 49.95 connect fee. David at dsih network told me that he emailed his supervisor about the horrible way I had been treated. I did not get the refund so I called again on 9/15 and talked to toby. He said that everything was documented but that dish network couldn't refund my money, defender's security would have to refund it since they were the installers (That never showed up). On 9/16 I called defenders security and spoke with christy. She told me that the connection fee was non refundable. Dish network was never connected but christy just laughed at me. If I had used a credit card instead of my debit card, I wouldn't be having this problem. On 9/23 I emailed dish network. They told me that I would have to contact defenders security. I emailed back and told them that I had and could not get anywhere with them. I asked them to turn my complaint over to a supervisor. Since then I have not heard from them. They are ignoring me and it appears there is no way for me to get a refund of this connect fee. It was their computer glitch that caused the problem in the first place. This is not right and it is not fair.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- Dish Network - dishonorable business practices 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Service call / upgrade
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service/ fraud dept
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish unilaterally canceled my account
- Dish Network / Dish.com - not having a simple channel like nbc!
- Dish Network / Dish.com - employment and customer complaint