Dish Network / can't get a refund

Bandera, TX, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 8305892309
On 8/17/08 I ordered dish network. I had directv but dish network looked like a better deal. It was scheduled to be installed 8/22/08 between 8 & 12. I had scheduled to disconnect directv that day and it was disconnected. When dish network didn't show up, I called them and they told me that since I had had dish network back in 2001 and had switched to directv, their computer system confused the customer number that I had back then and automatically deleted my installation order. After being on the phone for 45 minutes they told me they couldn't install dish network for 2 weeks. I had company coming that day and could not wait 2 weeks for them to install it. I told them to foget it and I called directv to reconnect me. Dish network told me that since it was their fault, they would refund the 49.95 connect fee. David at dsih network told me that he emailed his supervisor about the horrible way I had been treated. I did not get the refund so I called again on 9/15 and talked to toby. He said that everything was documented but that dish network couldn't refund my money, defender's security would have to refund it since they were the installers (That never showed up). On 9/16 I called defenders security and spoke with christy. She told me that the connection fee was non refundable. Dish network was never connected but christy just laughed at me. If I had used a credit card instead of my debit card, I wouldn't be having this problem. On 9/23 I emailed dish network. They told me that I would have to contact defenders security. I emailed back and told them that I had and could not get anywhere with them. I asked them to turn my complaint over to a supervisor. Since then I have not heard from them. They are ignoring me and it appears there is no way for me to get a refund of this connect fee. It was their computer glitch that caused the problem in the first place. This is not right and it is not fair.
Di

Comments

Le
  21st of Jun, 2010
I have the same issue! The installer stole $50 from me by claiming I had to buy a room mount when it was supposed to be given to me. Then they charged me $11 a month for a second box that was supposed to be $6 because it had a "dual tuner" when they KNEW I only had 3 TV's! Then they want $16.50 to return their equipment when the only way TO return it was through the mail cause they wouldn't let their technicians take it away and there are no drop off's!

When I called to discuss it they put me on hold for 30 MINUTES. I finally hung up and called back and all they say was that the prior people I talked to stated they read me those fees and I agreed to them (when I DID NOT) and they wouldn't even comp me a lousy $16.50! @#%^&

I will NEVER use their services again, no matter where I live! These guys are a mess and thieves to boot!

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com