Discover Card / Enterprise Rent a Car / bogus reward program
I have a Discover Card. I redeemed my rewards dollars for an Enterprise Rent a Car certificate for $40. I rented a car at Enterprise Rent a Car at Oakland, CA. I gave them my Discover Card certificate. They accepted it. I did sign the rental for a total charge of $35. Later, I checked my credit card bill and I had been charged the full amount of $35 and no credit for the certificate. I contacted Enterprise. They said Discover refused to honor the certificate. I contacted Discover. They reversed the charge while they investigated. Later, I put the charge back on my bill with no explanation.
First, Enterprise should have returned the certificate if Discover would not honor it or, at a minimum, wrote me a letter indicating the same. They had my address.
Second, Discover performed a sham investigation into the matter and never provided a legitimate result of their investigation.
They should have a record of Enterprise attempting to cash the certificate. So I am out my $40 Discover reward and I paid an additional $35 for the car. Do not cash in your Discover rewards for these bogus certificates. Take the cash!
Avoid rental car companies. They are all operated like boiler rooms and charge customers for bogus damages.
More Discover Card / Enterprise Rent a Car Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Card - customer service
- Discover Card - cancellation of card 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - late fee 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - personal loan
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - purchased an engine claim number 056741566b last four of the card 7094