Direct TV / technical assistance

1 ATT/Direct TV, PO Box 5093, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5093United States

Complaint: I have contacted four Technical Support Specialists and none were able to solve my simple problem. I upgraded my TV to a larger one and found that my remote (with Direct TV small box) would no longer do all functions as before, necessitating use of 2 remotes. Agent #1 sent me a new remote (RC73) to replace my existing RC66X remote. It made no difference. Agent #2 thought that re=mote was defective and sent another. Same results. Agent #3 said they were the wrong remotes and sent me a new RC66RX, which also made no difference. Agent #4, 2 weeks into attempts, stated that my TCL tv set was not compatible with any of the remotes (so give up and settle for using 2 remotes). I then told my son about my nuisance problem and he looked it up online and found that entering code 10883 with the RC73 remote would solve the problem. It did and was so simple. The RC73 does everything now. Why didn't any of all those Agents know that solution? I spent many hours on the phone and at the TV with no agent knowing the solution. They obviously need more training. (Agents were #1 Frances in Philippines, #2 Melissa in Montana, #3 Sebastian in Costa Rico, and #4 Smiles in Philippines.) Do you want 2 new remotes returned? V. Oburg, Acct 5846782, [email protected]

Vi