Direct TV — early cancellation fee
I just got off the phone to cancel my service with DirectTV after almost 4 years of being a "loyal" customer. After thanking me for my loyalty and asking if there was anything they could offer me to stay I told them that the local cable company had given me a deal too good to pass up but thank you anyway. Upon going through the disconnect procedures they told me I had an early cancellation fee of $220 since I added a receiver back in December. I leased the receiver, paid for the installation and have paid my bills on time for 4 years! They told me anytime that add equipment or service that you renew a contract. This was definitely never mentioned when I added a receiver otherwise I would never have agreed to it.
I was then transferred to a "resolution supervisor" who in essence told me there was no one else there I could talk to and no one else in any other state that could help me. What kind of business is this? I was open to coming back when the contract with the cable company was up but now there is no way I will ever be in business with a company that so easily steals money from it's "loyal" customers. They are overpriced already! I wll tell everyone I know about this crooked company and I hope karma has it's way with them.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address 
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill 
- Direc TV Support - very poor service 
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change