Direct TV / unfair billing and double billing for hd

GA, US Review updated:

DirecTV is engaging in deceptive billing practices by double billing for High Definition service. I pay $10 a month for a High Definition package. I also pay $270.00 for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Now, DirecTV comes out with another spin off of the Sunday Ticket called “Superfan”. The problem is you can only watch the High Definition games on the NFL Sunday Ticket with “Superfan”, which is an additional $100.00. How is this not part of the High Definition plan I already paid for? Sunday Ticket is not cheap. Yes, I realize there are other features with “Superfan”. So perhaps DirecTV should sell those features separately. These practices are deceptive and wrong. Please stand up and file a complaint with the BBB and FCC. Both have on-line forms and – it works!

DirecTV corporate contact information
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
CEO: Larry Hunter
Phone: [protected]

Comments

• Dr
      Sep 29, 2009

Wow, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I, too, have a subscription for HD service and NFL SundayTicket. According to the commercials aired all over the place, if you order DirecTV's NFL SundayTicket you get to watch upto 14 games every Sunday in crystal clear HD. I don't remember anything stating that you only get that if you order this new "SuperFan" as well. Not knowing anything about the SuperFan add-on, I set my DVR to record the Sunday game on the HD channel for me to watch later. Imagine how angry I was when I went to watch it later just to find a screen that shows that I'm not subscribed to that channel.

• Tl
      Oct 04, 2009

I have had Directv for only 2 months now and telling lies seems to be the norm with this sorry ### company. I also bought NFL Sunday ticket only to find out later that my HD package was no good with Sunday ticket, but I could purchase it for a low cost of an extra $100.00 My response was DIRECTV YOU CAN KISS MY ### !!! Do not get Directv, they are a bigger RIP OFF than the cable companies. Screw you DIRECTV !!!