Direct TV / directv took money from my account w/o permission

United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-795-9489
When we first got direct tv, they said we would be charged $53./month, up to one year, so my mom ordered it over the phone and they said they would need her credit card number for the charge... That was the only authorization she made. We only had direct tv for 3 weeks and they charged us $97., instead of the $53. That was discussed over the phone. So right when my mom received the bill in the mail, she got on the phone with them and explained everything. 4 times the customer service reps. Said they were transferring her to their supervisor and 4 times she was hung up on.

For them being so horrible to deal with and for them obviously ripping us off she decided to cancel the service right away and they said they would bill her $440. For an early cancellation fee. On the phone she even stated not to take any more money from the account number that they have and to please send a bill to her in the mail and she would gladly pay it to get rid of this horrible service.

Well, today we received a receipt in the mail for $518. Direct tv took out money from my mom's atm account without any authorization what so ever.

Now she is currently still on hold with them on the phone...

This is illegal! It has to be! Taking money from someone's account without their knowledge or agreement/permission is illegal! And the way they deal with people is by hanging up on them. What do you do? Who do you call because of this?.. This is not right and it needs to be stopped. Direct tv cannot get away with this!

-if direct tv has done this or anything similar to you please contact me if you have any information that you think may be helpful in this kind of situation. I want to start a class action against them. Thanks all.

Email: faak_direct_tv@yahoo.com
Sa

Comments

To
  19th of Nov, 2008
we have had similar problems with direct tv. they are a total rip off. had same problem with unauthorized charges to credit card. would like to investigate/initiate class action. i'm sure there are others out there as well. maybe we can create a blog. please email us.
Sm
  21st of Jul, 2009
I would like to file a class action suit against them as well. For over a year, they reported a fraudulent amount on my credit report which they later admitted was fraudulent. I did not even know about the amount until they disconnected my service becasue I did not pay the amount that was fraudulent. They continue to harrass me about the amount due and approximately six months have passeed before they allegedly took off the fraudulent amount off my bill. I am now with the local cable company, who has great customer service.
Cu
  4th of Nov, 2009
well direct tv took money out of my banking account for a third pary ..my girl friend had an account thru them in her name only mines was not ever on it but the way they got my number was when i bought a nfl remote control i did not give them permission to take out anything other than what the remote cost ..i called to rell them and talked to 5 differnt people and they just hung up on me and when i finally talked to someone they told me that her credit card has expired and they seen mine and just took the 307.66 from my account ..and i just talked to some lady at visa fraud department and she said she knows that direct tv wont take money out of someones account unless they have permission . hello i dont have a account with direct tv and i sure did not tell them to take my money and i will be willing to take up a class action suit aginst them if i could find one

DirecTV Logo DirecTV