Direct TV / false sales tactics
When Direct TV states that when your 2 year contract is over and you cancel your service you get to keep the dvr...this is a blatant lie! I have been told by at least 3 sale reps that it is true but when I cancelled my service they demanded the equipment back or I will be charged for it.
They also state that the dvr will not work without their service. My question is "why would you not tell a prospective customer this information and instead tell them that it will work and that you get to keep it after the contract has expired" I spent hours on the phone. They are using false or misleading information to make a sale... Do not believe what they tell you when they come to sell the service to you.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Equipment moved to new house
- DirecTV - theft by deception
- DirecTV - never ordered directv, never had directv
- DirecTV - new service
- Direct TV - deceptive sales tactics