Direct TV / overcharged
We've been loyal Direct TV customers for between 10 and 15 year non-stop. I added a receiver and channels three months ago, then ended up switching to FIOS this month. My cancellation fee was over $420. I was never notified that my contract would renew, or that I would be subject to cancellation fees this high if I disconnected service. I have spoken to two Customer 'Service' reps and both refused to help me. I guess being a 15 year customer means nothing to them.
Also, we had NBA League Pass for about 5 years and canceled it 5 years ago. Ever since, the service has been automatically added to my account twice a year for 5 years straight. This is a $50/month addition. Luckily, we've been able to catch this mistake several times in the past two years, but we have no clue how many bills were paid with this additional fee unnoticed.
Despite multiple calls yearly to fix the problem, it was never fixed. The last time it happened, I mistakenly paid the fee, and was granted a credit. Within two months, the credit never appeared. I asked again and again, and finally, I was given $10/month off for my next 6 bills. When I was hit with the $420 disconnect fee as described earlier, Direct TV would not allow me to apply any of that credit to my payment.
Lastly, when my additional receiver was ordered, we had an all-day service window, to which the installer never showed up. We even spoke to him 4 times. Each time, he assured us he was on the way. We ended up rescheduling and finally receiving service a week late.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirectTV - directv policy 
- DirecTV - no technical service 
- DirecTV - directv online access 
- DirecTV - promised cancellation fee waived 
- DirecTV - installation/service