My water heater broke on Sunday and I called Direct Energy for a replacement. They told me the earlier replacement appointment I could get was for Tuesday from 2-6PM, and that if any earlier came up they would call me. I told them that the 2 phone numbers on their file had been discontinued and gave them my new cell phone number.
Early Monday morning I woke up to their call (on my cell) about an earlier appointment possibility of 10AM-2PM on the same day (the only thing they have done "right"), so I asked my step dad to stay in my house while I had gone to work. By 3 PM no one showed up and I called customer service.
After I explained the situation to the first person, she gave me a reference number for my case and told me to call another department with the reference number to check wether the technician could still be on his/her way. So I asked her to transfer me to that department instead. When someone finally picked up, and after I gave him the reference number, he claimed that I called the wrong department. So he transferred me again. After explain the situation to the third person, she told me I was again in the wrong deparment. Angry, I hung up and called again from the beginning. The fourth person heared my complaint and transferred me to the "managers' office". The manager said she'd need to check what was happening and call me back within one hour (the reason it might take an hour, according to her, was that the technician might be in a basement where the reception was bad). This was 3:30.
Five O'clock comes, I had no phone call. Furious, I called the managers' office and asked for an explaination. A different manager told me that the techinician had come at 10:30AM and called the two primary (and no-longer- existant) numbers and decided no one was home. Too tired to argue, I asked for the earlier appointment. And it was scheduled for Tuesday...
God helps us all from Direct Engery.