Direct Energy / unexplained bills

I received a whooping bill for a house that was vacant, and direct energy could not explain why the bill was so high. I had direct energy for a couple of months at my new address that we moved to, and the bill was an enormous amount as well. I have disputed this bill, and I will contact other commissions to complain about this ripoff company.

A  7th of Dec, 2007 by
I agree with you 110 percent32.
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by
I am in the same boat now and agree 200 percent!
N  13th of May, 2011 by
Things to remember: Even a vacant house can draw electricity unless you have all cicuit breakers turned off. check the meter with all breakers off to see if it is still running there may be a larger problem. Are there any starting fees like new meter installation, connection or deposit fees charged on this bill that could cause it to be so high. Simply blaming a company for billing without checking for other causes does nothing to help you or them. DE bills based off usage that comes to them from Centerpoint, Oncor, Texas New Mexico Power or American Electric Power depending on what part of Texas you are in, so ultimately those companies would be responsible for any usage misreads that were billed. DE will do their best to correct problems but can not force readings to be different from what is reported to them.

Direct Energy Logo Direct Energy