Direc Tv / Verizon / cancellation fees

I was talked into a bundle through a verizon representative, she told me she had direct tv for a few years and she loved it; so I figured we'd give ot a chance. We gave it a few months and my husband said they give you all these great channels for a few months then they cancel them and want you to pay for them. That's how they get you to try with supposedly all these channels offered! We decided that it was not what we expected or wanted we could not even get our local channels, so we cancelled and switched back to our old service. I have been billed through my verizon account for their services and they sent me a separate bill for 260.00 for early cancellation. I was never told that there was a cancellation fee fore early termination by the verizon representative. They are now claiming that you received an email stating this and also It was on the original install paperwork. I don't know about you but I just sign the paper and they leave. I don't read the tiny fine print in the back of the paper. Beware for the CON ARTISTS, I blame verizon more than direct tv. if they are going to push a service for another company then they should expose all information up front verbally. I am switching all of my electronics. phone, tv to charter, because verizon does not deserve my business..

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications